Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Places to visit and where to stay in Seattle

Old 04-20-2013, 05:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.silvercloud.com/hotels.html
I imagine it is reasonably priced, and I have a friend that works at one of those locations. It looks like there are four different ones in Seattle alone, and there are locations in Bellevue/Redmond shall you decide to venture on the east side. Each and every one of these locations should be "safe" as far as I know.

Note: Do not go to beacon hill to get the signature shot of Seattle with the highway/freeway as that is not a safe area
Kerry Park, or better yet, Alki Beach, is a much safer area in general.

Also, if you get the time and the weather is nice you could head up to the mountains, although you may need some snowshoes in the higher terrain as the snow typically does not melt out until mid July or later in many areas.

Snoqualmie Falls is worth going to, and it is just 25-30 minutes or so east of Seattle. If you are looking for a nearby hike that is mostly melted out, Mount Si is a good one (although extremely busy on weekends and most always busy), although I would not recommend attempting the Hay Stack at the very, very top this time of the year, which is not necessary for a good view anyways..just make sure to go to the "lunch spot" very near the top/end of the hike. You could hit these in the same day, as Mount Si is relatively close to Snoqualmie Falls.

Another good option if you have the time is to head to the Peninsula or Coast. There are many places to explore, and there is no way you will not be able to hit them all.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:40 PM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

When is this visit and for how long (roughly - few days, a week)?

Short weekend: Kerry Park, Needle, Pike Market, Waterfront... basically a day. You can park by the market and walk to the waterfront and needle, Kerry Park is probably driving and parking can be a bitch on weekends. There's some other interesting things in this area - Seattle underground tour, Seattle Art Museum, etc.

Alki and Green Lake are good, and will be VERY busy if it's sunny and warm. Golden Gardens is nice, though not as scenic (in terms of pictures or people jogging), but there are often car shows there on Saturdays/Sundays.

Yes, hotels in Seattle will charge (a lot) for parking. Street parking is limited. I've recommended the Holiday Inn Express on Aurora/John (226 Aurora Avenue North), it's decent and close to the tourist stuff (5 blocks to the needle, 10 minute walk to the Market, etc), and I think parking is included.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:00 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Ill be there Tuesday afternoon to board my cruise and back the following Tuesday to explore in the afternoon

Any eating spots you guys recommend for brunch or lunch? Dinner?
Old 05-14-2013, 12:54 PM

Will you have a car?

Along the waterfront, Elliott's is pretty good. If you like oysters, they have a happy hour special from 3-6pm that's pretty stellar.

http://www.elliottsoysterhouse.com/menus/happy-hour/

Bit spendy for what they are, but Anthony's and Aqua are both good. For cheap food, Ivar's is OK. Can't think of any good brunches that are served during the week.

More generally, if you don't have wheels and just have the afternoon around the cruise terminals, I would suggest visiting the market one of the days, and probably go to the needle the other (take the ghetto monorail). Lots of restaurants around. Most of the other suggestions would entail navigating one or more buses.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:21 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I got a car. I'm in a hotel for a day or two

Any other food spot must do?
Old 05-26-2013, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Planning a road trip from way the heck up north down to Seattle/Portland for July. Some good tips here.

Is it safe to park the S2k overnight at the Holiday Inn mentioned and also at touristy places during the day? I don't have a hardtop nor seat locks yet.. I think it might be a bit late to try to get seat locks seeing as Kodokan's response time is pretty long.

Last time I drove down was 2 yrs ago, but I had my Subie and we stayed in Bellevue Sheraton. This time we'd like to spend more time in Seattle.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

watertown hotel is the hotel i stay in if i bring my S2000. its in the u district. and has underground gated parking under the hotel. the hotel is a bit expensive if you dont plan ahead tho.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:14 AM

I've parked my car short term in Seattle many times without incident. Overnight, depends on the 'hood. Long term (where someone can identify when it is there), dangerous.