Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Places to visit and where to stay in Seattle

Old 04-10-2013, 10:15 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Places to visit and where to stay in Seattle

I'm visiting from California and wanted to see what you guys recommend to stay and visit in Seattle

How many days you think is enough?
Old 04-12-2013, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All i can recommend is warm close and a rain jacket. There are alot of nice hotels in Seattle. And i would suggest walk along the water front (not at night) and hit up the space needle and pikes place market, and maybe the giant Faris wheel on the water by the ferry dock. And a baseball game? Concerts? Idk im just rambling now there is alot to do in Seattle. Lol
Old 04-12-2013, 12:02 PM

suggestions guys

the space needle is a must.

is their a hotel that you guys recommend that would be easy for travel.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I typed in Seattle Hyatt, and came up with some pretty nice looking pictures. It might be on the expensive side though.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Go to Starbucks Actually the very first one originated from Seattle right down at Pike Place Market in the mid/late seventeens. Its not at that location anymore, but I remember seeing it there when I was a kid.

You have to go to Green Lake, It Seattle's own "Central Park" Its a 100 year old man made lake with a 3 mile walking/bike path around it, you can rent paddle boats there too. There are big open grass field for ball games. The Green Lake Bar & Grill, Blue Water and Dukes are across the street and are great places to sit outside for happy hour. Its one of my favorite places to be on a nice day in Seattle.

One of my other favorites is Alki beach over in West Seattle. Its a popular place with several miles of board walk, beaches and lots of place to eat and chill. Good view of the City as well, great for those memorable postcard pics.

The East side of Seattle is a whole different experience. The Puget sound region is a very interesting and confusing layout to the new. Ive lived here 30 years which is most my life and I still find roads/parks/restaurants Ive never been or seen before. So depending on what your idea of a good time is, you could spend weeks here just exploring the region. Don't do that though, you will probably want to move here afterward But if you ever do, we would enjoy including 1 more in our awesome local club

PS. If you do check out the East side, end up in downtown Kirkland water front
Old 04-15-2013, 01:22 PM

might as well go to a mariner's game while you're here! I also agree with s2000junky, alki is a must! Green lake is also a nice place to checkout, I run there quite often and it never gets old.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:44 PM

i am trying to find a place to stay right now. if anyone has a recommendation of a good hotel in a good area.

I am not sure if seattle charges for parking in hotels, i know san francisco does.

baseball maybe but im from san francisco so GO GIANTS.

i am going to vancouver as well so i guess its mainly all parks and what not

i dont know what i need to see really but same as san francisco we have tons of hidden spots.

so far.
1. space needle.
2. pike market.
3. green lake.
4. alki
Old 04-17-2013, 11:14 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Not sure when the games are, but Seattle sounders if you like soccer. I'm not a big sports fan, but Ive been to a few of those and its not stop action. Pretty fun!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:30 AM

My suggestion:

Stay at a Holiday Inn and save some cash. You should be spending most of your time sightseeing, not worrying about a fancy hotel.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:58 PM

Agreed on a cheaper hotel but no motel for me

Looking for something safe as I will drive to sight see

Quick Reply: Places to visit and where to stay in Seattle