Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

pitbull and kids?

Old 04-25-2009, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pitbull and kids?

so i know this a kind of a wierd ? but i consider you guys my friends im just wondering if any body here have kids and pet pitbulls in the the same house i just wanna know if they respond got to small children? the one im looking to get is 4 months old
Old 04-25-2009, 08:16 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

dude, are you for fuqing real?
Old 04-25-2009, 08:20 PM

Are pits really any different than any other dogs except for the fact that they have a higher muscle mass? If you mistreat a dog and teach it to fight it will fight. If you treat it with love and compassion like you should it should treat you with the same.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:33 PM

agreed, it depends on upbringing. a good friend of mine and his brother went down to the ghetto and rescued a pit puppy from a family that literally had no carpet in the living room, because that's where they fought dogs. there was blood all over, but the took a puppy home [they could only afford one , and wanted to get out of there] and they raised him to be one of the kindest dogs i have ever encountered.

bring it up right and take all the precautions you would with any other dog around a baby and you should be fine
Old 04-25-2009, 09:19 PM

even if its a nice pitbull, why would you risk it? they are extremely strong and have a past of being aggressive in nature. it would only takes one bad incident and it could be a premanent mistake. Im sure you dont want to put your child at potential risk and thats why you are asking. And it might be different if youve had the pitbull for a while and knew its personality etc, but youre talking about a puppy pitbull that you know nothing about, you certainly dont know how it will respond around kids.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:27 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

.... plus, you ever heard of breeding (or inbreeding for that matter)?
Old 04-25-2009, 10:38 PM

well yea im just a little more concern because all the negetive things you heare about pitbulls being more agressive then other dogs but of coarse not all pitbull are out of control or else no one would own them im sure i wouldnt be concern if i was trying to buy a lab or weener dog
Old 04-26-2009, 12:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude get a shi tzu.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:00 AM

if you are really worried about it just get a different kind of dog or don't get one at all...i don't understand the fascination with pitbulls at all. seems like most people want them because of their reputation for being tough and intimidating, but if you're worried about it being around kids then why do you want one?
Old 04-26-2009, 08:22 AM

At four months old it could already be damaged. Ask yourself, if a person is getting rid of a animal, has that animal gotten the attention it needs? Also check temperment by sticking your hand in it's food dish when eating. Oh, and my mom's Shi tzu, by far the meanest dog I have ever encountered

Quick Reply: pitbull and kids?