Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

PIR Survey: Pls Participate and PROTECT Your Track

Old 06-01-2006, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down PIR Survey: Pls Participate and PROTECT Your Track

There's an informal survey on the Business Journal's website. The question is about closing PIR due to neighbor complaints.

To take the survey, pls. click here. Or you can paste the following URL into your browser: http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/poll/i...ml?poll_id=1188

There's a comment box, too, where you can mention the following arguments in support of PIR: (i) economic benefits to the city directly, via profits from the operation of the track, (ii) economic benefits to local businesses and jobs created for local hotels, fuel stations, restaurants, and businesses from track participants, (iii) a place to teach safer driving and discourage street racing and other very dangerous activities, (iv) entertainment benefits in the form of big-ticket racing events that draw participants and spectators from all over the PacNW, and (v) the fact that the track was here long before the vast majority of homeowners who are now trying to manipulate the political process to their own personal gain.

Please take a moment and vote in this survey - it's unscientific, but you never know how it'll play out.

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2006, 11:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Voted and commented.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Done.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:13 PM

Thanks for your support. I hope others will join you in voicing their opinions on this issue.

It turns out that the threat to PIR is more serious than many of us originally thought when the issue arose a month or two ago. Already at least two Council members seem committed to either closing PIR or imposing very restrictive rules on its operations. Moving the PIR (at least IMO) is a Trojan Horse, intended to make the "study" seem objective.

There's more information contained in this PDX-subforum thread. So, PLEASE consider responding to this survey and ALSO:

(i) emailing the city council and

(ii) posting your thoughts on the Mayor's blog (instructions for both are located in the PDX-subforum).

Thanks,
CB
Old 06-01-2006, 03:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cbender,Jun 1 2006, 04:13 PM
Thanks for your support. I hope others will join you in voicing their opinions on this issue.
I voted to get rid of that noisy eyesore!

OK, just kidding.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:59 PM

"YOU LIVE BY A RACETRACK! That's like moving next to an airport and complaining about about airplanes! It's like living on a McDonald's diet and complaining about your weight! Can't they see how ridiculous they are?

The gene pool truly has no lifeguards!"
Old 06-02-2006, 07:11 AM

Rice, you're right, but your voice does NOT count unless you take the survery and (hopefully) express your opinions to the City Council and on the Mayor's blog. Even if you're non-resident, your participation in events at PIR brings money to the community. So, I can't say this LOUDLY enough, but PLEASE take a moment and express your opinions to those WHO MAKE THE DECISION.

Thanks,
CB
Old 06-02-2006, 08:10 AM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Voted with comment.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:11 AM

DONE!!! Thanks for heading this up Christopher. What a huge loss that'd be.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:49 AM

FWIW this has been talked about at length on sportbike websites... I don't remember details but there was a proposal to build a new track in a new location... sounds costly, and I'd worry it wouldn't pan out after PIR was already closed... on the other hand, PIR isn't exactly an amazing track, I wouldn't mind seeing someing new and more exciting come along...

Quick Reply: PIR Survey: Pls Participate and PROTECT Your Track