Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Pics from Portland Le Mans

Old 07-24-2006, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics from Portland Le Mans

It was a really hot weekend, but luckily the 100+ degree weather expected at the big race was mostly under cloud cover and we survived at ~90 degrees.

The American Le Mans race was really good and the Diesel powered Audi did it again by taking first and second overall. These Audis were the ones that one the 24 Hours of Le Mans last June and were the first diesel powered race cars to ever win the event. It was quite an honor to have see them in action!

The Audi's were challenged by the Dyson Racing Lola prototype cars and the Lola's were actually faster than the Audis. Even though the two Dyson cars started the race in first and second the much more reliable Audis took over the lead after a safety car came out and erased the 18 second lead the Dyson cars had build.

Here is a quick pic of the Autocon protype car driven by Brian Willman. Some of you may have heard of him since he works at Microsoft!

The GT class was intense and featured a classic battle between Corvette and Aston Martin. The Vettes are still a more reliable car but the Prodrive built Astons are getting better and better, and actually starting to beat the Vettes at some races.

The Aston's, I have to say, are one of the most gorgeous GT cars ever built! You have get used to the lipstick, though. But once you hear that V12 you have to love it!

The GT2 class provided one of the best rides in the race. The Rizi F430 Ferrari has been really fast the last few races and took pole at Portland. But after a few laps, someone ran into the back of the Ferrari and was forced to pit. Fortunately, the Ferrari still had a whole race to run and took first place after coming back out in last place after the pit stop. Absolutely amazing driving!

Here is some the GT2 competition the Ferrari beat... (aren't you proud VMOM?)

Old 07-24-2006, 10:20 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,704 Likes on 1,436 Posts

Originally Posted by Optikal,Jul 24 2006, 11:00 AM
It was a really hot weekend, but luckily the 100+ degree weather expected at the big race was mostly under cloud cover and we survived at ~90 degrees.

The American Le Mans race was really good and the Diesel powered Audi did it again by taking first and second overall. These Audis were the ones that one the 24 Hours of Le Mans last June and were the first diesel powered race cars to ever win the event. It was quite an honor to have see them in action!

The Audi's were challenged by the Dyson Racing Lola prototype cars and the Lola's were actually faster than the Audis. Even though the two Dyson cars started the race in first and second the much more reliable Audis took over the lead after a safety car came out and erased the 18 second lead the Dyson cars had build.

Here is a quick pic of the Autocon protype car driven by Brian Willman. Some of you may have heard of him since he works at Microsoft!

The GT class was intense and featured a classic battle between Corvette and Aston Martin. The Vettes are still a more reliable car but the Prodrive built Astons are getting better and better, and actually starting to beat the Vettes at some races.

The Aston's, I have to say, are one of the most gorgeous GT cars ever built! You have get used to the lipstick, though. But once you hear that V12 you have to love it!

The GT2 class provided one of the best rides in the race. The Rizi F430 Ferrari has been really fast the last few races and took pole at Portland. But after a few laps, someone ran into the back of the Ferrari and was forced to pit. Fortunately, the Ferrari still had a whole race to run and took first place after coming back out in last place after the pit stop. Absolutely amazing driving!

I'm proud of both of you NIce pics Anaconda

HEy I bet thats where that 4TURDY wuz headed when it HAULED PAST me yesterday DAING wish I had known I would have made a pit stop
Old 07-24-2006, 10:53 AM

Hey mang, great to meet ya there and chat/catch up...

hit me up with your email addy, I will send you my pics. I ended up taking 144 (oops)....

s4dojo at gmail dot com

David
Old 07-24-2006, 11:39 AM

Yeah, excellent running into you on the Hill! And thanks for almost getting my sister into trouble with some midnight track driving... But, I think it was just the catalyst she needed to move from autocross to the track.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,704 Likes on 1,436 Posts

Tanks 4 da headz up on da Rari Event Anaconda I tried 2 load the Flash thingie but not sure I did it rite

http://www.ferrarichallenge.com/

I WILL wanna checkie it next year since its during the Leavenworth
Old 07-24-2006, 01:47 PM

Your welcome! Hopefully someone from the Portland area can share any pictures... I understand they'll have a FXX in the lineup.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:33 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Optikal,Jul 24 2006, 12:39 PM
Yeah, excellent running into you on the Hill! And thanks for almost getting my sister into trouble with some midnight track driving... But, I think it was just the catalyst she needed to move from autocross to the track.
Dude, does your sister live up in the Seattle area or down south? I'm not trying to pick-up on her or nothing (although she is very cute) but there's a Alfa Club trackday this Friday @ PR that some of us are attending and the "A run group" are allowed to have passengers just in case she needs a ride/push or three.

I think I've seen dojo_s4 at an Alfa day in the past.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:02 PM

She lives in the Seattle area so I can send her a note regarding your invitation. This would be a great opportunity!
Old 07-24-2006, 09:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RT,Jul 24 2006, 04:33 PM
Dude, does your sister live up in the Seattle area or down south? I'm not trying to pick-up on her or nothing (although she is very cute) but there's a Alfa Club trackday this Friday @ PR that some of us are attending and the "A run group" are allowed to have passengers just in case she needs a ride/push or three.

I think I've seen dojo_s4 at an Alfa day in the past.

hey ray! is it just a friday event, or is there more on sat. & sun? i was gonna' check it out and bring some people with me, that haven't been.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:57 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

... just Friday during the day

Quick Reply: Pics from Portland Le Mans