Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Peninsula Loop drive on SATURDAY, 2/23.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peninsula Loop drive on SATURDAY, 2/23.

Tell me you're down!!! Who's comin with me?? Well, after today's lil drive, me and Mark were talkin and we wanna do the Cascade Loop but thas a bit long for the current weather conditions. SO, Im thinkin we should do the Peninsula. Dont kno exactly which route yet but what I'll DEFINITELY get on that. So far, Im hopin we could meet somewhere near Edmonds Ferry, jump on the ferry and head over to the peninsula and go buck wild. It should be real fun and real scenic. They'll be some nice laid back driving to enjoy the view and some spirited driving along the twisties. Should be an all day event. Maybe we can have like a BBQ or somethin. Anyway, who's interested?? As long as its dry, Im goin. I wont have a CB, but you're free to bring em. I'll give out my number tho, and I'll make directions so in case we get split, we'll have different meeting spots throughout the route. Lets get it started.....

*please excuse my vernacular if you're one of those people who care how I spell or how I put my words.

I'll be gettin a hold of the NSX guys too, in case anyone cares.

OK, FINALIZATION: Weather says its gonna be sunny on Saturday and it seems the majority is likin Saturday. Im planning to have 4 or 5 Canadians stay at my place the night before and the times are a bit different. Looks like we'll try to catch the 9:20 ferry to get over to the other side on time. So meet at the 164th st Park and Ride (west side of exit 183) at 8:15. Leave at 8:30, and get to the ferries on time. If you happen to be late, just meet us at/on the ferries. I'll hand out the map/itinerary when we get on the ferry. Any questions, email me at R_Lee@vzw.blackberry.net or PM me.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:20 AM
Jrz

PM sent. Please tell those NSX guys to be prepared to pick up the pace if they plan on coming
Old 02-17-2008, 10:39 AM

i would be interested in only if it is not too far away. where is Peninsula? i'm a international student so i'm not so familiar with places.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:12 AM

Look up Sequim on google maps or something. Its that entire portion of the state. Across the puget sound from Seattle pretty much.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:57 AM

To be I missed everyone yesterday, I could have easily come out. Unfortunately next weekend I'll be at the track for opening day.

As far as the "NSX Guys" comment.... yeah, I think just bringing a properly tired wagovan will suffice for 'keeping up'.

Today looks nice.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:43 PM

Ok, here's the route! I found it, haha, that was an easy internet search.

[URL=http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/scenicdrives/?sd=waolympicpenn.jsp
Old 02-17-2008, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by john@microsoft,Feb 17 2008, 02:57 PM
To be I missed everyone yesterday, I could have easily come out. Unfortunately next weekend I'll be at the track for opening day.

As far as the "NSX Guys" comment.... yeah, I think just bringing a properly tired wagovan will suffice for 'keeping up'.

Today looks nice.
John, how many of the NSX guys are goin with you to the track? If you guys arent all goin, could you link this in the NSXprime for me? My account is weird, it never activated and I cant post anything.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:40 PM

That sounds really fun, I better go wash the S-Deuce and change the oil. I wish I would have been paying attention so I could've gone on yesterday's drive.

Either day is good for me.

Exit 183... is that 164th?

Living up here, I liked the idea of jumping on the Edmonds ferry and starting after that but I guess going down I-5 will work too.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by PNWS2KLover,Feb 17 2008, 04:40 PM
That sounds really fun, I better go wash the S-Deuce and change the oil. I wish I would have been paying attention so I could've gone on yesterday's drive.

Either day is good for me.

Exit 183... is that 164th?

Living up here, I liked the idea of jumping on the Edmonds ferry and starting after that but I guess going down I-5 will work too.
SWEET. Yeah, I like the ferry too but we'll miss one of the good portions of the loop if we do. Yeah, its 164th.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:36 PM

10hours? That's way too long. For shorter trip I m down for Sunday as long as its dry like today!

Quick Reply: Peninsula Loop drive on SATURDAY, 2/23.