Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

New Toy!

Old 03-04-2003, 09:52 PM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default New Toy!

Most of you have been following the saga from when I wandered onto the board in search of information on the S2000 all the way to when I decided that a Miata was a better idea for now. Most of you were supportive and many were even somewhat dubious that I would ever get around to getting ANYTHING to replace the poor little Contour.

Well, the replacement has arrived! As of Monday morning, I am the proud owner of a 1992 Mazda Miata!! I know it's no S2000, but this little rollerskate is a BLAST to drive!! So much so that I put over 100 miles on it in the first 24 hours of ownership!!

Anyway, without further ado, here are a whole host of pics of my new baby who has been dubbed "Guiness" in honor of both the black & tan color scheme as well as my bizarre year long sobriety...

The first couple pics were taken by the previous owner and were part of the Auto Trader ad that got my attention...

And here are several that I took today.
With the hardtop on...

With the soft top up...

A pic of the crystal clear rear window...

The interior...

And finally with the top down!!!

I just wanted to share my excitement and thank everyone for their support! I would especially like to thank Banannie for all of her help and trading e-mails with me. You really got me motivated and I truly owe you!

Anyway, I'm starting to get hooked up with the local Miata gang, but I don't want any of you to get the crazy notion that you're gettin' rid of me!!

The only thing that's changed is now I get to drive my OWN car on drives...and Mr. Summa's gonna have to find someone else to be ballast from now on...

Okay, I'm going back out to my parents' garage to stare at the car and giggle some more before I go to bed.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! That is one well kept 1st gen Miata!
Old 03-04-2003, 10:04 PM
Former Moderator

Thanks. When you're up close you can see some paint chips and a few little dings, but for an 11 year old car she's in AMAZING shape!!
Old 03-04-2003, 10:05 PM

Brant,

It's great to see you got something to a little better to drive than that, that, that.... well you know.

You gona be tracking "Guiness"? Maybe when I get a chance to hook up with everyone at a track event, I'll follow you around for a bit. Warm up the tires and all.

Anyway I know others want to cut in and have a go for it

Nice car, and you took some great pics

Have fun

PWRMKR
Old 03-04-2003, 10:07 PM
Former Moderator

Hopefully a little later in the season I will try my hand at autocross and I'm also giving SERIOUS thought to taking a class at Pacific Raceways at some point this year. For now I am content to just rail around town and grin ear to ear.

I think it's safe to say I'll end up at the track before too long, though...
Old 03-04-2003, 10:12 PM

I LOVE the name!!! It looks like a hell of a ride!!! The cage looks sweet too. I really look forward to going for a cruise!

BTW, who's house were you at?? It looked as nice as Gina and Skip's joint!
Old 03-04-2003, 10:17 PM
Former Moderator

Yeah, one day that name just sort of jumped out at me and I knew this was the car I wanted. No regrets so far...even with all her little flaws. The rollbar is STOUT and it's exactly the one I had been looking at for whatever Miata I ended up with.

The green house in the background of all the pics I took today is my parents' place down here in Steilacoom. It's a sweet place, but I'm probably partial because I helped design it...
Old 03-04-2003, 10:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Way to go Brant !

Lookin forward to seeing ya at the autox and track!

- Michael
Old 03-04-2003, 11:07 PM

Nice pics Brant, it looks like a clean car! Are you going to leave the bra on? I think you should take it off... I just realized how that sounded...Brant, take off your bra! lol

Dude, if you got it near the price you were talking about getting it for, then you got one hell of a car for your money. Congrats on your purchase!
Old 03-04-2003, 11:40 PM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Looking good, Brant. That's the biggest exhaust tip I've ever seen on a Miata...

I like that color combination. I ordered my '90 300zx in DiamondPearl Black with tan leather... I was very happy with the way it turned out.

What's the deal with the center caps?

Quick Reply: New Toy!