Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

New tires , now an alignment

Old 02-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by luder_5555,Feb 18 2010, 11:05 PM
^ its nice seeing people buy tires that are worth getting. i can't stand seeing $120-150 tires on a car that somebody drives hard.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by lig,Feb 19 2010, 07:13 PM
^^^ True. Oil change with PCA discount = $200
I thought that was AARP discount

J/K Jeff
Old 02-24-2010, 10:53 AM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky,Feb 24 2010, 11:51 AM
I thought that was AARP discount

J/K Jeff
Those fockers keep sending me membership cards!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Old 02-25-2010, 01:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A statement full of outright ignorance.
so its ignorant to think that you should have a tire on a car that is up to the type of driving that you do?

well go have fun with your sh*ty $100 tires, and when you push too hard, make a mistake and someone gets hurt, don't try to blame it on bad road condition or some dumb @$$ pulling out in front of you.

there is nothing that you could say that would convince me of anything other than if you have a sporty car, and like to have fun in it, you should have the very best tire for doing that.

back to the OP. congrats on the nice tires, hope you enjoy them. since you are in the PNW i might suggest trying the pilot sport A/S plus too, cause they have nearly the grip of the ps2, but way better wet traction. plus they have a 500 tread rating and a 45,000 mile warranty
Old 02-25-2010, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by luder_5555,Feb 25 2010, 02:48 PM
so its ignorant to think that you should have a tire on a car that is up to the type of driving that you do?

well go have fun with your sh*ty $100 tires, and when you push too hard, make a mistake and someone gets hurt, don't try to blame it on bad road condition or some dumb @$$ pulling out in front of you.

there is nothing that you could say that would convince me of anything other than if you have a sporty car, and like to have fun in it, you should have the very best tire for doing that.

back to the OP. congrats on the nice tires, hope you enjoy them. since you are in the PNW i might suggest trying the pilot sport A/S plus too, cause they have nearly the grip of the ps2, but way better wet traction. plus they have a 500 tread rating and a 45,000 mile warranty
Hmm. Your argument falls flat on its face.

PS2 255/40R17 $253.00
Star Specs 255/40R17 $159.00

Hundred dollar difference. Comparable reviews. QED.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:01 PM

QED... only in the pnw.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:03 PM

first off i never said that there was anything wrong with the star specs. second you're talking about the tire rack, their tire rating change monthly and if you look a bit deaper you just might find that the tires that they make more money on seem to rate higher than they should be. I am not saying that this is the case with the star specs.

but i guess that the rule of thumb on a honda site is to get the cheapest tire that has a good rating by the person selling them... i guess that its also stupid to buy an expensive car just because that there are also less expensive cars that can also do most of the things that the expensive car can do.

i'm sorry that i offended you and your tires, but feel free to try and defend their honor some more by trying to twist what i am saying into what you think you are hearing.

sorry fastd for stealing your thread. my original comment would have been the same whether you bought the ps2, star specs, gsd3, ps as plus, pilot sport cup, toyo 888, or several other tires that are performance oriented instead of doing what so many other people seem to do these days and shop based on the lowest price.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:27 PM

first off i never said that there was anything wrong with the star specs.
No, but you did go on a diatribe about hating cheap tires. Star Specs are cheap, you hate them?

. second you're talking about the tire rack, their tire rating change monthly and if you look a bit deaper you just might find that the tires that they make more money on seem to rate higher than they should be.
The ratings image I posted are based on customer reviews, not what Tire Rack thinks.

i'm sorry that i offended you and your tires, but feel free to try and defend their honor some more by trying to twist what i am saying into what you think you are hearing.
Not offended, and I don't have Star Specs. Just hate to see misinformation and thoughtless rants.

My original comment would have been the same whether you bought the ps2, star specs, gsd3, ps as plus, pilot sport cup, toyo 888, or several other tires that are performance oriented
Umm, no it wouldn't since your original comment was that you couldn't stand seeing people buy cheap tires. Star Specs are cheap tires.

instead of doing what so many other people seem to do these days and shop based on the lowest price
What's wrong with this method? Why would you pay more for a tire that is not any better? That just sounds really stupid to me.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:34 PM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Your lack of comprehension skills is spectacular and it's making this an entertaining thread hijack.

No one here is saying "just buy the cheapest tires for ur honduh"

I've personally run the PS2s.

I've personally run the Star Specs

My S4 has a set of Pilot Sport A/S - and yes they are spendy and a fine tire but they aren't nearly as good a choice for ultimate performance if that is the goal.

To turn your logic back on you - why would you spend *more* money for a tire that is going to be a compromise in most every situation?

All season tires by their very nature are a compromise.

Not as good a dry performer as a dedicated summer performance tire.

Not really suitable at all for the track or auto-x. Even at a wet auto-x I chunked my Pilot Sports in the S4.

Not nearly as good in sub 40 degree temps as a dedicated winter tire.

A good choice for the rain - but you don't buy an S2000 for just rainy days.

Quick Reply: New tires , now an alignment