Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Negligent Driving to the 2nd Degree Advice

Old 03-02-2003, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Negligent Driving to the 2nd Degree Advice

So my friend was pulled over yesterday on I-5 close to the US-Canada border. The ticket says he is being ticketed for "neglient driving - 2nd degree."

Cop said that he was averaging ~96mph in a 70 and speeding past people in the left lane aggressively. My friend asked him for the radar, but he said an airplane above was pacing him, observing the driving, and measuring his speed for three miles.

My friend says there's no way he was averaging 96mph and did not perform any maneuvers that were aggressive. Could be interpreted aggressive since he did pass a car on the right lane, but that was only because the signs clearly said slower traffic stay on right, but this minivan was clogging up that lane hardcore.

My friend will contact his lawyer, but I wanted to get some feedback from you guys on your experiences. I get the feeling that most of you keep things under control and are responsible and most likely never got a ticket of this kind, but basically, is my friend screwed or does he have a chance? My friend's cousin once got off on negligent driving (same lawyer), also pulled over my an airplane, but then it wasn't all the way up in Bellingham.

This really sucks for him.
Old 03-02-2003, 10:58 AM

PM Sent.
Old 03-02-2003, 11:19 AM

Hey I was heading into Vancouver yesterday around 10:30 am and I noticed that the WA state patrol had 3 cruisers pulling people over on I-5 southbound just a couple exits from the border. Good thing I wasn't doing anything crazy and had the cruise control set at 72 mph.
Old 03-02-2003, 09:15 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Is your "friend" seriously harsh'n or what? Sorry I can't help, neither me nor any of my "friends" drive aggressively
Old 03-02-2003, 11:25 PM

my friend got the same thing...neg-2...being tracked by plane and the state patrol camero was sent off to pull him over...

anyways, he hired a lawyer and the ticket was dropped in 15 minutes. he still had to pay for the full hour tho...

another person i kno got 2 neg-2's (used the same lawyer) and both were dropped. stupid kiddy...he was 16 and 17 when he got his neg-2's...

all in all, i'd say your friend has an excellent chance in getting the ticket dropped. and if not...at least its not a wreckless...
Old 03-03-2003, 05:01 AM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

who's this magic lawyer? name please .....

Mike, who's in your Avatar? name please .....
Old 03-03-2003, 08:09 AM

my lawyer said he'd represent my friend for $400 in bellingham and said that if the judge doesn't outright dismiss it, he knows the prosecuting attorneys or whatever...

my friend recommends that you do not speed on I-5 in whatcom county. stay on the right lane.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:18 AM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Back in the day when I was being hit with a wreckless charge - it was reduced to negligent with a fine and probation - no record if I stayed ticket-free for a year. I hired an attorney for that little incident - one court appearance, five hundred bucks and *boom* - all taken care of.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:31 AM

lawyer name...i can find that out, give me a couple of days...

the girl is my girlfriend. my future wife. my soulmate...

i wish...

her name is hyori lee. she's a singer in korea, part of a music group named finkl. funky group name, huh...

great pic, huh!!! want more???
Old 03-03-2003, 09:44 AM

Yeah, that stretch of I-5 is swarming. We got pulled over on the way up to Whistler a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't find the power cord for the V1 to put it into the Integra.

Ray doesn't do dragon ladies, right?

Quick Reply: Negligent Driving to the 2nd Degree Advice