Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

MY SEATS GOT STOLEN!

Old 02-21-2011, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY SEATS GOT STOLEN!

So I came home from work around 7PM and I drove with my top down. I was planning to go to fitness after about an hour so I left my top down. I live in a apartment with gated entry to the parking garage btw. I come down to get my gym bags and my seats and my shift knob were gone. I've heard people getting their car totalled because of their seats being stolen. I really hope that doesnt happen to me. If anyone had the same problem of their seats being stolen can you give me some advice on how to proceed with this matter. I already got the police report and reported a online clain with my insurance company. Any advices on what I should do or be cautious about. Please help guys!

My car info : 2007 Honda S2000 with black and red interior.
Have 40k miles.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:35 AM

look for Kodokan seat locks for you next time and for the record you got lucky you left the top down man good thing its not your top and your seats good luck
Old 02-21-2011, 07:29 AM

Sorry for your loss. Make sure to keep an eye on Craigslist and other local forums as there is a very good chance they will show up eventually. Your car is new enough that the seats shouldn't total it out. I'd take the money from insurance and buy some nice recaros or the like and with the rest buy an OEM hardtop.

The hardtop will keep alot of thieves away but if they have a vehicle large enough to take the seats away they may be able to get away with a hardtop as well. With two people it takes about 10 seconds to get one off a car. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:29 AM

Definately buying the seatlocks
Old 02-21-2011, 07:47 AM

You are lucky your top was down, mine got cut open and the seats were stolen along with my steering wheel.

Insurance did total it but the top and steering wheel with airbag I'm sure was a big part of it. I got lucky that a friend in town sold me his wheel for cheep after buying a spoon wheel and I found some one on CL selling a civic with S2K seats and I just called and offered him 400 for the seats ( who knows probably stolen at some point like most CL S2K seats ) and now I got a hard top.

Insurance will pay well and that's why we all have it! if it totals your car just keep the money like I did find parts for less then buying direct from Honda and just drive the S for the next 20 years because it will only hurt your resale value
Old 02-22-2011, 07:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a gate to the parking garage, is there a camera too? Might want to find out...
Old 02-22-2011, 08:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time for some vigilante justice? J/k
Old 02-22-2011, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I was victim of it too

Keep a watch on the seats on the craigslist thread:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry20250514

Old 02-22-2011, 05:23 PM

Fastfour is right in that seats alone shouldn't total the car since your car is relatively new and is valued higher. If your car ever does get totaled by insurance, it would need to pass state patrol inspection to get registered again. They may require a receipt or bill of sale for things like seats to prove legitimacy. If you didn't want to deal with insurance, you could try to find some beatup seats for cheap and buy new covers for them (approx $250 seats + $250 covers).

Does your car not have an alarm? Maybe you should get one.

Hope everything works out for you. I'll be sure to flag the sh*t outta any S2K seats on Craigslist.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:46 PM

Speaking with the insurance inspector tomm. Wish me luck guys.

Quick Reply: MY SEATS GOT STOLEN!