Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

MEET: Weekly meet... at Federal Way Jimmy Mac's

Old 05-15-2009, 01:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2kaddicted,May 15 2009, 12:04 PM
I feel like this thread is becoming a "tacoma is ghetto vs. fed way is sooo much better thread"
I don't think anyone is saying one place is better than the other.

This is s2ki, someone's bound to start trash talking.....

I thought we were trying to figure out what works out for everyone. Doesn't look like it is.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You guys have my full support at all times. If I may be of some assistance here, I'm seeing an all too familiar pattern developing.

We've had other attempts at starting Northend/Southend weekly meets. Many in fact. In my opinion, the failure of these efforts may have been avoided.

Somebody needs to make a unilateral decision that factors the feedback already received. That doesn't mean you have to please everyone. And yeah it sucks when your opinion ends up not counting. BUT... Unless you have clear direction, the squabling will be endless. Every new guy showing up on the thread is going to want the event closer to him or at a personally more convenient time. If you make this a commitee decision, you aren't going to arrive at Square One anytime soon. If you accept this mantle of responsibility, you damn well need to make every effort to show up, for every instance of the regular meet.

Make sure the location can accomodate you, year round. You need this be a habit. If folks have to check the thread two hours before the event just to make sure its at the usual place/time it becomes a hassle.

Hassle = lower attendence

If the group has confidence that the event is on no matter what, then they might show up even if they weren't planning to go. Somebody finishing an errand in your neck of the woods can stop by out of convenience without worrying if the meet is actually happening that night.

You still need at least five regulars. If that means fives guys from Ft Lewis are hitting the bar just outside the gates, then great. Do that. Folks will show up if you have a regular meet. There is no way you guys are going to plan something as a group that will please everyone in the group.

If anything, I recommend each of you guys nominate someone to organize this and let that person pick a location based on your feedback.

My suggestion is that you meet 7pm Wednesdays @ the Tacoma Mall Red Robin. The guys at McCord/Lewis are going the opposite direction of traffic and you may even pickup owners from Gig Harbor and Bremerton.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Red+Robi...ESS&id=12668173
Old 05-15-2009, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ thank you Jerry! well said
Old 05-15-2009, 02:00 PM

I live in Tacoma thats the perception of peeps up north where the income bracket is bit higher. Tacoma is fine, you could walk the streets up at night with no problem. I frequent Seattle alot lets just say Seattle isnt the best of shape.
So go to the meet in Tacoma leave the bullet proof vest behind. Tacoma Peeps here are nice and friendly and with some nice cars...thats whats about anyways right..... the cars!

Hey urcarisslower you guys still meet up at Home funiture direct parking lot?
Old 05-15-2009, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by sentravq,May 15 2009, 02:00 PM
I live in Tacoma thats the perception of peeps up north where the income bracket is bit higher. Tacoma is fine, you could walk the streets up at night with no problem. I frequent Seattle alot lets just say Seattle isnt the best of shape.
So go to the meet in Tacoma leave the bullet proof vest behind. Tacoma Peeps here are nice and friendly and with some nice cars...thats whats about anyways right..... the cars!
Old 05-15-2009, 02:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jerrypeterson,May 15 2009, 01:43 PM

Make sure the location can accomodate you, year round. You need this be a habit. If folks have to check the thread two hours before the event just to make sure its at the usual place/time it becomes a hassle.

You still need at least five regulars. If that means fives guys from Ft Lewis are hitting the bar just outside the gates, then great. Do that. Folks will show up if you have a regular meet. There is no way you guys are going to plan something as a group that will please everyone in the group.

Thanks for the input Jerry!

Regardless, I'll make some calls next week to meet at another location, if any of you have any ideas, pm or give me a call.....

Old 05-15-2009, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by allnamestaken,May 15 2009, 02:10 PM
I do not believe I was making a negative comment when in fact it is the truth, Tacoma is ghetto. Ask anyone that lives here in Washington

Again, we were not arguing over what is closer. If you read from the beginning or even a few months back, himike was trying to set something up for the southend but "other" members were complaining that it's too far and what not. We are simply throwing things out to hopefully make it work for other people that are a little closer to Federalway so we can get a better turn out.
AND what does Tacoma being ghetto have anything to do with having our meets at TGIF? My point is/was: It doesn't provide any solution to this debate about where we are having our meets so whether you think was the truth or a negative comment, it doesn't really matter.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by allnamestaken,May 15 2009, 02:10 PM
Again, we were not arguing over what is closer. If you read from the beginning or even a few months back, himike was trying to set something up for the southend but "other" members were complaining that it's too far and what not. We are simply throwing things out to hopefully make it work for other people that are a little closer to Federalway so we can get a better turn out.
[QUOTE=allnamestaken,Apr 23 2009, 01:39 PM]I believe I was one of the few that was down for it, but never heard back if there were an actual set place and time.....Olympia, Tacoma, Lakewood area is too far for me, especially trying to beat rush hour heading south. It's a PIA
Old 05-15-2009, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by jerrypeterson,May 15 2009, 02:43 PM
You guys have my full support at all times. If I may be of some assistance here, I'm seeing an all too familiar pattern developing.

We've had other attempts at starting Northend/Southend weekly meets. Many in fact. In my opinion, the failure of these efforts may have been avoided.

Somebody needs to make a unilateral decision that factors the feedback already received. That doesn't mean you have to please everyone. And yeah it sucks when your opinion ends up not counting. BUT... Unless you have clear direction, the squabling will be endless. Every new guy showing up on the thread is going to want the event closer to him or at a personally more convenient time. If you make this a commitee decision, you aren't going to arrive at Square One anytime soon. If you accept this mantle of responsibility, you damn well need to make every effort to show up, for every instance of the regular meet.

If the group has confidence that the event is on no matter what, then they might show up even if they weren't planning to go. Somebody finishing an errand in your neck of the woods can stop by out of convenience without worrying if the meet is actually happening that night.

If anything, I recommend each of you guys nominate someone to organize this and let that person pick a location based on your feedback.

My suggestion is that you meet 7pm Wednesdays @ the Tacoma Mall Red Robin. The guys at McCord/Lewis are going the opposite direction of traffic and you may even pickup owners from Gig Harbor and Bremerton.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Red+Robi...ESS&id=12668173
Jerry, I thought "skizzo" was in charge of the meet?

Either way, I really don't mind where we have the meet as long as the majority of members around the area can make it.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by himike,May 15 2009, 02:27 PM
I don't think anyone is saying one place is better than the other.

This is s2ki, someone's bound to start trash talking.....

I thought we were trying to figure out what works out for everyone. Doesn't look like it is.
I hope you don't feel I was "trash talking"

I am just stating my opinions and what I think this thread is turning into. Just a friendly debater here, no hard feelings.

Quick Reply: MEET: Weekly meet... at Federal Way Jimmy Mac's