Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

A llllooooonnnnnggggggg drive!

Old 03-28-2013, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A llllooooonnnnnggggggg drive!

Ok so I know it's been a while since we've made a run out to rainier or Mt. St. Helens. So my suggestion is lets make a date maybe for julyish time frame and make a drive to one of these places. I can make a plan off of seggustions or just come up with a plan on my own. But this post is to see how much interest I'll get on this. Hopefully it will be a lot. This is a general idea for a plan.

Meet early in the morning.
Drive to destination making fuel stops.
Get to destination maybe someone bring a BBQ and we can grill or everyone brings individual lunches. Eat and hangout.
Return home and maybe stop for dinner in town.

So I was thinking somewhere in the time frame of July 13th-14th Saturday or Sunday. Whatever's clever for you guys. Lets take a group vote on water we'd like to drive to St. Helens or to rainier I'm open to suggestions! So lets get this plan on a roll to see what we can do. I think that weekend is a good one cause its after the 4th of July and its a weekend!

List of who's in:
1:vietstylezz
23suzuka...s2000
3:suzukablue_s2k
4:dc_mike33
5:danjoys2k
6:himike
7:notnertk2s
8:watch0bak
9:magna_spawn
10:spets
11:iveeno
12:vlads2k
13:moomoopanda
Old 03-29-2013, 01:05 AM

I'm down
Old 03-29-2013, 01:29 AM

Im down. Dont make it the last week in july. Ill be in Vegas.... And who can fit a bbq in an S2000? Lol
Old 03-29-2013, 11:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking of posting a similar drive around my birthday (July 13th), but will likely be in Vegas as well lol. Otherwise I would definitely love to join..perhaps if it is a nice day on July 6th or 7th, (A Saturday/Sunday) I could make it.

Last October I drove all the way to Johnston Ridge by myself and highly recommend it. I was able to get this panorama from a few pictures, though my more photo-savy dad helped me edit it/clean it up into the panorama. There were just the right amount of clouds to make for a cool sunset.

Unfortunately the resolution went to crap when I put it on photobucket

Old 03-29-2013, 11:39 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

^^^ Amazing picture. Looks like a different planet! We do live in a awesome state.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:15 PM

Sure was nice out today!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18411448@N00/8605275670/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/18411448@N00/, on Flickr
Old 03-30-2013, 08:20 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm down!
Old 03-30-2013, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
^^^ Amazing picture. Looks like a different planet! We do live in a awesome state.
Thanks Junky, driving and getting up to the mountains to take landscapes combines two of my greatest passions..for me life doesn't get much better. I wish I could make a career out of it, but I have an incredibly long ways to go and it seems very very tough to get into professionally

Originally Posted by spets
Sure was nice out today!

IMG_7337.jpg by andrey_sharkov, on Flickr
Very nice picture Spets, you definitely have quite a natural ability for photography as I have always liked your pictures

Originally Posted by vlads2k
I'm down!
I hope we are all able to find a date that works for most all of us. If for some reason July didn't end up working out, we could definitely try again in August.. or even have a second drive for those who missed the first, say one to the coast and one to St. Helens (in addition to the annual Mt. Baker run/s).

Eventually I want to get involved in a very large group drive that takes place in the PNW, of say 50 S2000s. It wouldn't be easy to plan and we would have to coordinate a lot of help, so perhaps another year. Other cars would end up getting in the way, but it would have to be be all part of the fun. As many S2000s as I have seen the past year and the popularity of s2ki, I think it could be a possibility if properly planned far, far in advance. We could even try to recruit from BC and/or Oregon, depending on destination.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:30 AM

Count me in Randy! !
Old 03-31-2013, 02:13 AM

Well I want you all to know that I have been reading to see how much interest we have in doing something like this. I have been on a St. Helens drive once before with some of the Oregon guys and absolutely loved it, but to coordinate something like that again I don't know what I'd have to do. But like EricJt7 said maybe we could do another one in August maybe for people that misse the first. Lets post dates that people would be available for in beginning to mid July. Also just so everyone knows if you know friends with other "clean/fresh" and I do stress "fresh" cars please don't be afraid to invite people! I do have a few of my personal best friends that may tag along for the event!

Quick Reply: A llllooooonnnnnggggggg drive!