Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Honda of Fife?

Old 09-08-2004, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Honda of Fife?

I'm getting a TSB done tommorow, simple elastic band needs ot be replaced and wont let top go down unless you rpess on ribs. The prob is they said they dont know if TSBs are covered by the Honda extended warranty. Sometimes they aren't they said. I will find out tommorow and if not then I can buy some other ones for $15 and do it bymyself but still why passup o a free thing espicially if I have a warranty. Know anyone there I could get some help from in case shit goes apes?
Old 09-11-2004, 10:13 AM

Sorry you have to go to those clowns at all. I remember very well how they wanted to charge $50k for the S2000 when it first came out. They were very unprofessional about the whole thing over the phone.

Honda of Barney Fife I'd say.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:54 PM

yeh did you read my post on it on s2k talk about #!@@ honda delaers. Honda of fife treated me horrible will never ever go back and never buy another honda car again after going to three dealers in the area and they tried to bs and their service!

YOU honda of FIFE!
Old 09-11-2004, 04:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You didn't try Renton Honda. But that's OK, they suck too.

Hinshaw's Honda was helpful to me one time. That was years ago, though.

So what did you expect? Your car is out of warranty, right? But you wanted them to do warranty work for free? Seems unlikely with any car dealership.

You did mention an "extended warranty". That would be something from a third party (or possibly Honda) which should cover this, I would think. Except most extended warranties have a deductable, which might be big enough that it means it wouldn't help with a small repair anyway. So do you have an extended warranty, or were you asking them to provide a "goodwill" warranty service?
Old 09-11-2004, 08:18 PM

I have a certified s2k with an extended honda warranty and of course that didn't work. Yes Honda of renton sux to!
Oh well I bought some straps from modifry so it a very easy fix TSB and takes 15min and the new straps are stronger than stcok ones. For those of you with S2ks I reccomend you get modifry straps in case your go out as well.

If I got the free fix great but if I didnt oh well......I wanted to observe how the dealerships were and how they answered Q or were helpful since it was my 1st major thing at honda but the wayI got treated and trying to get charged for everything man it was horrible. Not informative at all, they dont know jack about s2ks, I will never let them have my s2k over night so they can dent and scartch from all the other stories i have read about dealer experiances and shit what else.....
Old 09-12-2004, 08:53 PM

oh forgot to say this earliar thumbs down to south tacoma way honda to boooo!