Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Front License Plate

Old 08-11-2006, 02:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Seattle S2K,Aug 11 2006, 02:58 PM
I see that everyone is jumping on the "post nasty comments on the newbie's front license plate post" bangwagon.

At no point I make representation that I am an attorney, I clearly quoted what is written in the RCW and SMC. I failed to understand how my responses being unethical for someone with a desire to enter said profession.

Also, at no point I said it was the dealership's fault because they sold a vehicle to me with only one license plate, my main argument to this issue is that I, at no point, own two license plates for my S2000, having one on there is the best thing I can do. Moreover, I have been driving this car for about 9 month, not once I was pullover because I do not have a front license plate.

Hold on, let me put my flamesuit on................ok, it's on.
Newbie roasting is not a sport practiced within the confines of this forum. Nor is there some great conspiracy against you. What does and will occur is calling people out on hipocritical behavior. No one is exempt and I dare say the practice is encouraged. Asking a question and ignoring discussion makes for a rather tedious exercise and folks that can help you may end up ignoring your next post. If you are getting three replys from three different users, in as many minutes, perhaps you are coming across as a little ungrateful. People are making an effort to help you out, at least have the consideration to listen to them.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kelvin96gsr,Aug 11 2006, 02:58 PM
here is the FULL text in which it is stated VERY clearly that only trailer, semitrailer or motorcycles are issued 1 plate.
That's not true. "Classic" cars (generally those 25+ years old) are only issued one plate. Occasionally the WSP also rules that other cars do not have to have a front plate if there is no place to mount it. Usually these are exotic cars.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:40 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I was legally only issued one plate for my 911 and it doesn't even need/have tabs on it ........ and it's all legal (so there are exception not listed in the RCW's). However, the S2000 was "legally" issued two plates so you, as the owner, legally have to display two plates. The End.

However, from the looks of things, you definitely have what it takes to play the ignoranus card ........ so have at her
Old 08-11-2006, 03:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 08-11-2006, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, you're quite argumentative, aren't you? Check out the pic. That's my registration from my S2k. I imagine yours looks identical except VIN, plate and color. Note the BIG WORDS that say "Front Plate Is Still Required."

...Funny, the one under it says the exact same thing!

I imagine you'll get off the ticket, but I can't see any way you can personally justify this.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 08-11-2006, 10:55 PM

damnit...i guess ill have to put mine on too saddd..
Old 08-12-2006, 12:05 AM

Not really, it's just a matter of if you're willing to accept your risk and pay the price or not.

I've been driving without a front plate for about 9 years now. I've been pulled over about 5 times for it, and only recieved warnings. Someday, I'm certain I'll get a ticket for it which I'll contest, show proof of fixing, and probably get off.

Now even if I don't get off and get slapped with the whole thing, it will still be worth it to me. What is that... 3 cents a day at my current rate to get the full fine. And it's just getting cheaper every day
Old 08-12-2006, 04:19 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, it's required. Do as some people have already recommended. Get the second plate, put it on, take the picture, show it to the judge, and be done with it.

P.S. IBTL
Old 08-15-2006, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by SeattleJason,Aug 11 2006, 01:39 PM
Kelvin isn't arguing with you; he's stating a fact and you're refusing to listen at all. Why did you even come post on here asking if the plate is really required, if you were just going to argue about it when somebody said it was?

Read your registration, that you signed, when you got tabs for the car. It says right THERE "Front plates are required for all cars in the State of Washington."

Cars are not the only type of vehicles, but cars in the state of Washington are required to have front and rear plates by law.

Ignorance is not an excuse of the law.

If you went into a car dealership and purcahsed a car with two busted out tail lights, it would be illegal to drive as well. There is nothing stoping them from selling you that car, or you buying it. It's your responsability as a buyer to know what you're getting into.

Now, if you accept the law, fix the issue, and show that in court - odds are that they will let you off the hook. With this one sided attitude it's no wonder the cop found something to write you a ticket for.
as SeattleJason has put it curtly...

Read your registration, that you signed, when you got tabs for the car. It says right THERE "Front plates are required for all cars in the State of Washington."

Quick Reply: Front License Plate