Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Front License Plate

Old 08-11-2006, 01:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Seattle S2K,Aug 11 2006, 02:26 PM
I might be wrong because I'm just a intern attorney that currently still attenting law school, how long have you been practicing law?
All crooks / attorneys are wrong. Get used to being wrong.

Old 08-11-2006, 01:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Seattle S2K,Aug 11 2006, 02:26 PM
Kelvin, please stop arguing with me.
Getting defensive with someone who is trying to help you is a really dumb idea. He has made no personal attack nor is arguing with you. All he is doing is stating the obvious and your panties are getting in a bunch because it isn't what you want to hear.

You are not an attorney and making representations to that effect is unethical for someone with a desire to enter said profession.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kelvin isn't arguing with you; he's stating a fact and you're refusing to listen at all. Why did you even come post on here asking if the plate is really required, if you were just going to argue about it when somebody said it was?

Read your registration, that you signed, when you got tabs for the car. It says right THERE "Front plates are required for all cars in the State of Washington."

Cars are not the only type of vehicles, but cars in the state of Washington are required to have front and rear plates by law.

Ignorance is not an excuse of the law.

If you went into a car dealership and purcahsed a car with two busted out tail lights, it would be illegal to drive as well. There is nothing stoping them from selling you that car, or you buying it. It's your responsability as a buyer to know what you're getting into.

Now, if you accept the law, fix the issue, and show that in court - odds are that they will let you off the hook. With this one sided attitude it's no wonder the cop found something to write you a ticket for.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:49 PM

Seattle S2K you make my brain hurt

anyway good luck with arguing your case I'm sure you'll be able to get off it
Old 08-11-2006, 01:58 PM

by the way you may have been confused by my paraphrasing of the RCW's

here is the FULL text in which it is stated VERY clearly that only trailer, semitrailer or motorcycles are issued 1 plate.

RCW 46.16.230
License plates furnished.

The director shall furnish to all persons making satisfactory application for vehicle license as provided by law, two identical vehicle license number plates each containing the vehicle license number to be displayed on such vehicle as by law required: PROVIDED, That if the vehicle to be licensed is a trailer, semitrailer or motorcycle only one vehicle license number plate shall be issued for each thereof. The number and plate shall be of such size and color and shall contain such symbols indicative of the registration period for which the same is issued and of the state of Washington, as shall be determined and prescribed by the director. Any vehicle license number plate or plates issued to a dealer shall contain thereon a sufficient and satisfactory indication that such plates have been issued to a dealer in vehicles. All vehicle license number plates may be obtained by the director from the metal working plant of a state correctional facility or from any source in accordance with existing state of Washington purchasing procedures.

Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of this section, the director may, in his discretion and under such rules and regulations as he may prescribe, adopt a type of vehicle license number plates whereby the same shall be used as long as legible on the vehicle for which issued, with provision for tabs or emblems to be attached thereto or elsewhere on the vehicle to signify renewals, in which event the term "vehicle license number plate" as used in any enactment shall be deemed to include in addition to such plate the tab or emblem signifying renewal except when such plate contains the designation of the current year without reference to any tab or emblem. Renewals shall be effected by the issuance and display of such tab or emblem.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by jerrypeterson,Aug 11 2006, 01:38 PM
You are not an attorney and making representations to that effect is unethical for someone with a desire to enter said profession.
I see that everyone is jumping on the "post nasty comments on the newbie's front license plate post" bangwagon.

At no point I make representation that I am an attorney, I clearly quoted what is written in the RCW and SMC. I failed to understand how my responses being unethical for someone with a desire to enter said profession.

Also, at no point I said it was the dealership's fault because they sold a vehicle to me with only one license plate, my main argument to this issue is that I, at no point, own two license plates for my S2000, having one on there is the best thing I can do. Moreover, I have been driving this car for about 9 month, not once I was pullover because I do not have a front license plate.

Hold on, let me put my flamesuit on................ok, it's on.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:00 PM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

I recently got a "no front plate" ticket. $101

I just put one on - took a picture and showed it to the judge. She waived the fine.

End of story.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:11 PM

Wow alot of stuff going on, I thought I pretty much summed it up.

Anyways, the general concensus here is correct. If you buy a car with a missing brake light, missing plates, etc. it is up to the buyer to fix the problem and make the car legal.

What if you buy a car with no plates? What would you tell the officer then? It's the same concept that you as the driver need to make sure your car is legal, not the seller. Usually the seller helps, but 9 months is too long.

Either way, I think you should take a picture of your rear plate attached to your front bumper with the tabs blocked.

Or,

Just buy a personalized plate, and donate to charity.

Or,

Request another plate for a $14 fee as said by another member.

There really shouldn't be any more posts after this one And like I said, I've been running without a front plate for over a year and no tickets so far, just warnings.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Seattle S2K,Aug 11 2006, 01:58 PM
my main argument to this issue is that I, at no point, own two license plates for my S2000, having one on there is the best thing I can do
https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/dolprod/vehoffices/
Old 08-11-2006, 02:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Seattle S2K,Aug 11 2006, 02:58 PM] Also, at no point I said it was the dealership's fault because they sold a vehicle to me with only one license plate, my main argument to this issue is that I, at no point, own two license plates for my S2000, having one on there is the best thing I can do.

Quick Reply: Front License Plate