Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Flashing the OEM ECU

Old 09-09-2005, 08:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't give him full advice and direction. I said it might make a little difference by resetting o2 sensors, and I told him to ask the boards for more specific help becuase I wasn't sure. I know it can make a difference on other cars, cars with more NA potential, but never said I was a genius.
And he did get many answers - but he asked the question once. You can't blame him for askin once and having several people reply. They all added on something or gave their $.02. That's what a forum is! How many threads have just 2 posts???
What do you mean by look at my "rad" s2000? Just because it's not supercharged? Wow you outmodded a 17 year old who bought everything for his car himself!! Congrats!!!

And my car must be a "ringer" if I am pulling on stock S2000s, because surely my T1r 70r exhaust, T1r test pipe, Comptech intake, Ricks header, and Apexi VAFC2 aren't doing anything!!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WyattH,Sep 9 2005, 08:14 AM
What do you mean by look at my "rad" s2000? Just because it's not supercharged? Wow you outmodded a 17 year old who bought everything for his car himself!! Congrats!!!

And my car must be a "ringer" if I am pulling on stock S2000s, because surely my T1r 70r exhaust, T1r test pipe, Comptech intake, Ricks header, and Apexi VAFC2 aren't doing anything!!
Did you know that 17 year old's pick-up truck Tacoma is worth more than your Honda 2000?

Did you also know that what you drive and what you spend in mods is a horrible indicator of how much "props" you should give a person?

Also, do you want a cookie?
Old 09-09-2005, 11:02 AM

I do want a cookie.
Obviously you were poking fun at my car in one way or another, sarcastically calling it "rad". I am just unsure why...
And that is fantastic that someone else has a car worth more than mine. I was not implying the value of my car to be significant, shit it's an 01 with a plastic window, worth barely more than a newer Civic today. But you gave me a laugh when you compared your car to an 18 year old's for no apparent reason, other than to associate my [lack of] validity/credibility (with ECU resetting) with my poorly equipped S2000. I just turned 18, but all the modding was done when I was 17!
Cheers.
And for what it's worth, I don't think it's totally irrelevant to give someone props on their car. Isn't that what all of us do in the Gallery sub-forum? WE GIVE EACH OTHER COMPLIMENTS ON PROPS BASED ON THEIR TASTE AND MODS AND TALENT. Of course props are deserved in other, more important ways as well, but I sure you understand my point... Take care.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you finally got your comptech eh? congrats, i wish i had something stupid to say to you, or to make fun of you but i dont. oh wait, um, your gay. your car is amazing in person and i for one applaud you for doing your mods yourself and paying for them yourself. you have your head on straight and you have very nice car. no matter what its worth.

but you made one mistake, you modified it! why would you want to make it faster, handle better, brake harder, when you can just drive it stock? j/k but seriously its not cool to mod your car, then you become a "ricer". ask me i am a certified ricer, in the blood. i modified my car too! keep it up bro, i cant wait to see your car in dec!
Old 09-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

you guys take things on the internet far too seriously.

Oh, and it's "you're gay", not "your gay".
Old 09-09-2005, 12:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bahula03,Sep 9 2005, 01:07 PM
Oh, and it's "you're gay", not "your gay".
That depends on whether you are feeling possessive.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by WyattH,Sep 9 2005, 11:02 AM
But you gave me a laugh when you compared your car to an 18 year old's for no apparent reason, other than to associate my [lack of] validity/credibility (with ECU resetting) with my poorly equipped S2000. I just turned 18, but all the modding was done when I was 17!
I don't see anyone trying to compare anything in this thread... maybe you're reading a bit too deep into it esp with bringing up the whole age thing cuz i don't think any one of us really gives a fuq how old anyone is until you brought it up.

tell you what, let's make this real easy for you

Why don't you post a pic of your car in this thread and I'll point by point tell you what makes it not wrs2k approved
Old 09-09-2005, 02:59 PM

Mikegarrison - HAHAHA hilarious

Ben - Ahhh I know you don't approve of 80% of the shit on my car! Remember when we started off on the wrong foot when I asked to attend one of your photoshoots, but I didn't meet the reqs?? LOL... No harsh words or meanings, so apologies!
And perhaps I am reading too deep, or taking things to seriously, and if that's the case, I am sorry. But I guess I didn't misunderstand when he came back with more ammo!
Cheers!
OH, and Louie - Thanks for the kind words!! And I am glad to hear your car is coming along as well. I hope to hear that Spoon when I get back, because I haven't heard that exhaust yet... Well take care brotha.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:23 PM

ricer
Old 09-09-2005, 04:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

:iagree the spoon sounds really nice. super throaty and very distinct!

Quick Reply: Flashing the OEM ECU