Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Fast Oil Places

Old 02-07-2002, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast Oil Places

First, no I am not considering this for the S2K of which I only take to the dealer.

My wife drives a 3.2TL of which, like our other Acura's, we have always taken to the dealer. For a variety of reasons, including my dissatisfaction with Acura of Bellevue at the moment, I was considering having oil changes on the TL done at a closer fast oil change place like Oil Can Henry's (or something like that). Is this a bad idea or doesn't it matter much for an oil change?

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2002, 02:58 PM

You could always do it yourself.

I am wondering who you usually deal with over there. Some of them are not nice but Kiet is pretty good. When I have my 'teg serviced there I have always talked with him. He has been very fair with me, free install for my intake, lets me talk with the real mechanics,etc. Well, except one time he gave me a non-honda for a loaner car which I hated (shock & surprise there). Not sure it will do any good but talk to him and explain that you have been disatisfied with other people and that Jim "dry space" Edwards said that he would be good to work with. He will get a good laugh, too
Old 02-07-2002, 03:55 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chimmy
[B]You could always do it yourself.
Old 02-07-2002, 04:56 PM

Ah... yes the have had some huge turn over with the sales dept. The one person that I knew in sales left because "everyone [in sales] is a d!ck". Oh well. Good luck in your negotiations
Old 02-07-2002, 04:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd be in a position to write a brief and concise letter to the dealership outlining just how they can keep your business. If you've got a sour taste already, then screw 'em and take your business to somebody who'll appreciate it. Let the new guys know exactly what it will take to keep your business. 7 years worth of cars and service is a lot of money to a dealership.
Old 02-07-2002, 05:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The biggest risk I think is most of those places just have unskilled kids doing the work.

One of my brothers worked at Jiffy Lube while he was still in high school. He advised to stay away. They were told that if they didn't have the proper filter to just find one that fit the threads and screw it on. Also, if they were out of the recommended weight oil, they would just use what they had the most of.

Friend of mine had her car overfilled at Speedy Lube. Dipstick left a nice dent in the hood when it shot out.
Old 02-07-2002, 08:27 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jerrypeterson
[B]I'd be in a position to write a brief and concise letter to the dealership outlining just how they can keep your business.
Old 02-07-2002, 08:32 PM

Originally posted by KenS2K
The biggest risk I think is most of those places just have unskilled kids doing the work.

One of my brothers worked at Jiffy Lube while he was still in high school. He advised to stay away. They were told that if they didn't have the proper filter to just find one that fit the threads and screw it on. Also, if they were out of the recommended weight oil, they would just use what they had the most of.

Friend of mine had her car overfilled at Speedy Lube. Dipstick left a nice dent in the hood when it shot out.
This is scary. I suppose this is one of those questions you shouldn't ask. Sort of like finding out what goes on in the kitchen of any fast food chain!

I really hate that after writing a terse pithy letter to Bellevue, having to crawl back and ask for a $40 oil change. While I would buy from the other Acura dealers, I don't really want my wife to have to drive the distance for oil changes. Well, I going to have to figure something out.

Thanks for the info.
Old 02-08-2002, 09:21 AM
DSR

I've taken our van to Oil Can Henrys a few times and they
did okay, apart from the "drill team" mumbo jumbo and
the price. Filled properly, with correct oil and very
convenient. But just too expensive.

Yeah, they were kids working after school, but my son
and all his buddies took the optional autoshop classes
in high school and they got taught well. So comparing
to kitchen help may or may not be appropriate.

I'd say try 'em once (or let your wife try them and you
check the car later!). Then decide.
Old 02-08-2002, 01:18 PM

Originally posted by DSR
I've taken our van to Oil Can Henrys a few times and they
did okay, apart from the "drill team" mumbo jumbo and
the price. Filled properly, with correct oil and very
convenient. But just too expensive.

Yeah, they were kids working after school, but my son
and all his buddies took the optional autoshop classes
in high school and they got taught well. So comparing
to kitchen help may or may not be appropriate.

I'd say try 'em once (or let your wife try them and you
check the car later!). Then decide.
How much did you pay?

Quick Reply: Fast Oil Places