Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Exhaust Shops?

Old 04-19-2004 | 11:34 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FASTFWD
It's like when you're looking for the best surgeon. You don't neccessarily the cheapest one around, you want the surgeon that has done the best quality of work. Well, I assure you Speedware is definitely the best "surgeon" I trust to do ANY work on my s2k.
Old 04-20-2004 | 06:52 AM
Member (Premium)

I agree with Steve.

Ethan, I know you have personal connections with Adam and perhaps other fellas in that Speedware shop, but the work they did on your car is "101".

And there are a lot of shops that can do 101. Nothing "surgical" about it. And I've met countless number of idiot Porsche/Ferrari owners who simply have too much money or are just lazy to really dig down and understand what work they're being charged for and how good a job they're doing. Not a defining source.

Go with what Brant suggested. The shop looks ghetto, but I've been referred there as well. Dan Fast in Bellevue made JerryPeterson's custom exhaust.
Old 04-20-2004 | 12:54 PM

Steve,

I cringe at what Speedware put you through. Your expereience sealed the coffin with me with those clowns. Seems like nothing has changed.

Jerry, know someone specific at Dan Fast I can speak with?

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

-Nader
Old 04-20-2004 | 12:57 PM
Former Moderator

Out of curiosity, what is Speedware's shop rate? Seems to me that racking up a $9k bill is a LOT of labor hours...
Old 04-20-2004 | 01:25 PM
Member (Premium)

Another story about Speedware. We bought a Porsche Boxster S that had been worked on by Speedware (we know a lot of the history of the car). The previous owner had put an aftermarket exhaust on the car, and prior to selling the car has Speedware replace it with "stock" components. The normally stainless pipes were replaced with mild steel, and welded (rather than factory clamped, which means everything under the car must be removed to get the exhaust off to work on the engine). Also, the welds were extremely poor resulting in an substantial exhaust leak.

We do know some of the folks at Speedware and they are decent people (I also know Adam, among others). We have bought things from them - they did an awesome job finding a particular Sparco seat that was on backorder for me that no one else seemed to be able to locate. So it's not *all* bad there, and I'm not trying to badmouth them. I just think people should be aware that they, as everyone, have issues and aren't perfect.

I personally take my cars (even my lowly little Spec Miata) to Fordahl Motorsports. In terms of an easy exhaust repair, any of the places Jerry or Brant suggested will fit the bill.
Old 04-20-2004 | 01:26 PM
Member (Premium)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Prancing Horse
Steve,
Old 04-20-2004 | 01:41 PM

Go Speedware!
Old 04-20-2004 | 01:42 PM

sh!t, I'm like the red-headed step child all of sudden.
Old 04-20-2004 | 01:50 PM
Former Moderator

All of a sudden?!
Old 04-20-2004 | 02:01 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brantshali
Out of curiosity, what is Speedware's shop rate?

Quick Reply: Exhaust Shops?