Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

CEL P0411, any locals wanna help me with this?

Old 08-31-2008, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEL P0411, any locals wanna help me with this?

I purchased an 04 S2000 about a month ago and installed an intake, It sounded good and looked good but I decided to go back to the stock airbox after about 2 weeks. I installed the factory airbox and drove for about 100 miles and parked. I went out to my car the next day and started it and the CEL was on. I pulled the code and its the P0411, I read alot about this on the forums and I did find one vaccum line that was disconnected. I reconnected the line and pulled the 7.5 amp backup fuse in the drivers side fuse panel as shown in the FAQ, the CEL didnt clear. I disconnected the battery for a couple of minutes and it went away. I drove to Seattle and to Mt. Rainier, the CEL didnt come back on and I went about 260 miles during that trip. I woke up today and went out to my car and the CEL was back on! Its still throwing the same code but now it is idling rough when i stop, it stumbles down to 500rpms and other times it wont stutter at all but will idle high at 1100-1200. Im sure some of you have had this problem, seems to be pretty common. I live in Spanaway/Tacoma, anyone want to meet up tomorrow and compare vaccum lines or give me some help?

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe you broke your car by drifting it.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:58 PM

I really doubt that. The S doesnt drift as well as I thought it would, I expected it to be more like an AE86. Oh well.

Back to the topic, I just went for a quick run to the store and when I got back my girlfriend noticed that the smell of gas was coming from the engine... I am going to search. I checked the gas cap several times today after reading about the CEL coming on because of loose gas caps, so I doubt its that and from what I read the 04's didnt have any trouble with a gas leak.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:29 PM

I believe you might have switched the lines that connect to the vacuum control solenoid valve.

I could possibly help you tomorrow (labor day) if you want to meet up. I do not have the stock airbox because I have the k&N Fipk but I do have the diagram and I have done the intake install myself so I know the correct connections for the lines.

Here is an image from the service manual and I have circled what I am talking about.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:56 PM

Great! I havent met another S2000 owner yet and would like to BS a bit.

I have inspected the lines you have pointed out and made sure they matched your diagram & several other diagrams that I found on here. Hopefully I am overlooking something and there isnt a faulty part. I dont understand how I managed to install the aftermarket intake without any issue but when I reinstalled the stock airbox I dorked it... seems like installing factory parts would be easier.

Where are you located? Where would you like to meet at? I usually dont wake up until 4 or 5 p.m. so evening would be best for me.

Thanks
Old 09-03-2008, 05:59 PM

did you end up getting it figured out?
Old 09-04-2008, 03:21 AM

Yeah, I guess...
I messed with the vaccum lines, but I didnt find any problems or anything else. I disconnected the battery and it hasnt shown up yet, its been 300+ miles. I did find a vaccum line disconnected the first time the CEL showed up as stated in the first post and I fixed that but the CEL returned after that so I was pretty confused. Its gone now though, so Im happy.