Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Car finally got broken into.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Car finally got broken into.

My car was broken into last night. I knew it would happen eventually....
They cut a nice big hole in my top and stole the seats.

So I guess I am in the market for a couple of new red and black seats.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:24 AM

Sorry to hear. It's not the club that everyone wants to be in. Hope it gets put back the way it was.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear about that. Seat locks would have at least kept them in there, but the top would still have a big hole. Insurance should cover the top and seats, right?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:00 AM

Man that sucks! Im sorry buddy. Maybe you can get some red bride seats from the insurance?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear that. I have some MY2002 seats for sale, but you'll probably want the seats you are used to. And insurance will probably pay for new seats anyway.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:32 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys. It really means a lot to me. Needless to say I'll be looking for a new home far, far away from Rainier Beach...My area is total crap.
Sadly I don't think the insurance is going to cover it. I don't believe I have the right coverage to take care of it, but I have someone from my agency looking into it right now. Anyone know how much I'm looking at if I have to shell out for repairs?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:39 AM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

That's what comprehensive is for. What coverage do you have?

From memory, you're looking at $1500 for a new top and $2000 for new seats from Honda.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly,Apr 24 2007, 11:39 AM
That's what comprehensive is for. What coverage do you have?

From memory, you're looking at $1500 for a new top and $2000 for new seats from Honda.
Yeah I totally goofed that one. I should have been a little smarter about making sure I had uber-coverage seeing I now live in a rather sketchy area. I never had to worry about stuff like this so it didn't dawn on me. Oh well, live and learn. I hate it when being a retard costs me money. lol
Old 04-24-2007, 11:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't you have comprehensive coverage? I guess it's not legally required, but it's usually pretty cheap. Maybe not so cheap for a Rainer Beach address, though.

Anyway, a new top is about $800 or so for just the vinyl part. Then there is labor to install it to your existing frame. If they damaged the frame as well, that could be up to another $1000 depending on what had to be replaced.

Seats are the big cost. (That's why yours were stolen.) They are outrageously expensive if purchased new from Honda. MY2000-2003 seats run about $9-10K if purchased new (for the pair -- WAY more than $2K!). They can be bought for much less on the market (although some of those on the market are actually stolen seats). Mine are available for $800 for the pair, though you can probably find some cheaper than that if you want. I'm not sure if the MY2005 seats are similar in price.

Or you can buy aftermarket seats. You'll also need to buy seat rails that fit the seats. Most used OEM seats should come with the seat rails, but they might or might not come with the seatbelt latch.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:50 AM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by otakujohn,Apr 24 2007, 12:44 PM
Yeah I totally goofed that one. I should have been a little smarter about making sure I had uber-coverage seeing I now live in a rather sketchy area. I never had to worry about stuff like this so it didn't dawn on me. Oh well, live and learn. I hate it when being a retard costs me money. lol
I would find a different agent, one who doesn't have their head up their arse, if yours didn't sell you comp. Comp covers everything except moving accidents (that's what collision is for) so it's pretty vital. I wouldn't consider it 'uber coverage'. It's basic coverage.

Quick Reply: Car finally got broken into.