Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Car Alarm Recommendations

Old 11-30-2011, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Alarm Recommendations

I am going to be moving soon, and will be leaving my S2000 parked on a fairly busy street in Seattle a lot of the time. I am considering an alarm system that has remote notification (the key fob sounds an alarm when the car alarm goes off - up to a certain distance away). This way, even when in bed where I can't hear the alarm in the car, I will know the alarm is going off. My questions are:
---- Have you any recommendations for a brand and model of alarm that will do this well?
---- Can you recommend a vendor and installer for an alarm (even if you have no specific alarm to recommend)?

Thanks,
Old 11-30-2011, 02:35 PM
Go2

heard good things bout compustar. Speedzone in lakewood. I'd also recommend kodakans seat locks too https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/177...akan__st__1100. Have them on my CR and waiting for my second set for the Ap2
Old 11-30-2011, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Go2
heard good things bout compustar. Speedzone in lakewood. I'd also recommend kodakans seat locks too https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/177...akan__st__1100. Have them on my CR and waiting for my second set for the Ap2
Agree on the compustar. They also have an alarm that uses a phone app that pretty much turns your phone into a 2 way pager via satellite so you can monitor your car just like the key 2 way pager and tell what level alarm was tripped and you can start your car via phone.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Thistler
I am going to be moving soon, and will be leaving my S2000 parked on a fairly busy street in Seattle a lot of the time. I am considering an alarm system that has remote notification (the key fob sounds an alarm when the car alarm goes off - up to a certain distance away). This way, even when in bed where I can't hear the alarm in the car, I will know the alarm is going off. My questions are:
---- Have you any recommendations for a brand and model of alarm that will do this well?
---- Can you recommend a vendor and installer for an alarm (even if you have no specific alarm to recommend)?

Thanks,
This post sounds familiar... Almost as if I just read it on another email distribution list ;-) I second Go2's advice about the seat locks from Kodokan, I have them installed on my CR and they are really slick and a nice way to protect your seats from getting stolen. They take about 10 minutes to install and gave me some peace of mind when parking in public. Shipping is slooooow though.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:54 AM

I have taken some steps to protect the car. I do have seat locks and wheel locks, as well as Lojack and a Clifford alarm. Also, I have been parking on this street with some regularity many weekends over the last 6 years, with only one instance of damage - two small cuts in the top. I think someone started to cut the top to get in, and when the alarm started to go off, they stopped and left.

Thanks for your recommendations - and I hope to get some more...
Old 12-02-2011, 06:55 AM

Compustar RF-P2W901-SS with tracking , along with seat locks and anything else that can help delay a thief in action.

remote has one mile of range and you can also get the app on your cell so in case you don't hear the remote go off, you phone will go off as well.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tony_05s2k
Compustar RF-P2W901-SS with tracking , along with seat locks and anything else that can help delay a thief in action.

remote has one mile of range and you can also get the app on your cell so in case you don't hear the remote go off, you phone will go off as well.
Thanks for the recommendation - Any recommendation on who to install it? or just any CompuStar dealer?
Old 12-10-2011, 05:17 PM

speedzone @ lakewood is a compustar dealer! I'd recommend them!

- Sung
Old 02-09-2012, 11:11 AM

recommend anyone up north?
Old 02-09-2012, 11:29 AM

i just picked up a compustar901-ss from kansai motorsports. if you pay cash he wont charge you the tax.

Quick Reply: Car Alarm Recommendations