Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Can any1 help me install

Old 10-01-2010, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can any1 help me install

I bought a set of coilovers which should be arriving sometime next week. I was wondering if anyone has enough knowledge to help me with the install. Thanks in advance!!

- Sung
Old 10-01-2010, 09:36 PM

coilover install on s2k is super easy. it took me may be 2 hours to finish the job. hardest part was to take trunk liners off and putting them back together nicely.

1. raise your car put it on jack stand
2. take all 4 wheels off
3. each sides have three nuts on top, 1 bolt on bottom and remove all those
4 put new coilovers reverse those steps. make sure to torque down all your nuts and bolts.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by madkimchi,Oct 1 2010, 09:36 PM
coilover install on s2k is super easy. it took me may be 2 hours to finish the job. hardest part was to take trunk liners off and putting them back together nicely.

1. raise your car put it on jack stand
2. take all 4 wheels off
3. each sides have three nuts on top, 1 bolt on bottom and remove all those
4 put new coilovers reverse those steps. make sure to torque down all your nuts and bolts.
ya, i heard its not too difficult but since I've never done it before, I'd like someone whos had experience that can guide/help me through it!

Thanks for the instructions tho!

- Sung
Old 10-01-2010, 09:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind did you end up getting?
Old 10-01-2010, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by BowlofRice,Oct 1 2010, 09:55 PM
What kind did you end up getting?
I wasnt gonna track them too much, if at all, but did not feel like just doing springs.

Seemed like BC N+ wouldve been the best for what I was needing. Plus, I got a pretty good deal on them.. I think xD

I see that you're in the market for PSS9s? I looked into them too but they were mostly sold out indefinitely

- Sung
Old 10-01-2010, 10:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Idefinitely!!? There was a site selling them for 1100 after a coupon but the link is on my computer. I thought you were getting the pss9 as well but they quoted me a ridiculous price and it was backordered.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by BowlofRice,Oct 1 2010, 10:34 PM
Idefinitely!!? There was a site selling them for 1100 after a coupon but the link is on my computer. I thought you were getting the pss9 as well but they quoted me a ridiculous price and it was backordered.
1100 is not bad at all! ahhaha.. i guess i got impatient with doing more research. But most of the reviews I've read for BC N+ were pretty good!

I'll let you take a ride in my car after I get mine installed. Maybe itll help you with your decision as well! ^^ but if you can get PSS9s for 1100.. id shoot for it before the coupon expires!

- Sung!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:27 AM

I live pretty far from Tacoma, but if you wanted to make the trek to Everett, this is a job I'm all too familiar with and would be able to help. I've had to do this 3+ times in the last year

If you've done suspension work on a Honda - or any double wishbone suspension before - this is pretty much the same thing. The biggest PITA is getting to the nuts under the line to the gas tank. You have to give the line some love to get it out of the way.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by ALFYonso,Oct 2 2010, 12:27 AM
I live pretty far from Tacoma, but if you wanted to make the trek to Everett, this is a job I'm all too familiar with and would be able to help. I've had to do this 3+ times in the last year

If you've done suspension work on a Honda - or any double wishbone suspension before - this is pretty much the same thing. The biggest PITA is getting to the nuts under the line to the gas tank. You have to give the line some love to get it out of the way.
I wouldn't mind driving up!

PM me your number if you're willing to help and we'll figure something out!

- Sung
Old 10-03-2010, 08:32 AM

make sure you preload before tightening, i have the BC from day one and i lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvee it

Quick Reply: Can any1 help me install