Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Autocross

Old 04-06-2011, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autocross

I'm new to the world of owning a s2000 as well as autox. Does anyone have any recommendations on where and how to begin learning in the Seattle/Everett area? The car currently has no roll bar, but does have a hardtop. I'd like to get some track experience as well as learn overall good road skills.

What should I look to spend and if I can only afford a day or 2, is it still worth it?

Also the helmets that are used, can people wear eye glasses with them or do I have to get contacts?

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should sign up for pacific grand prix events. It's a gokart track so you get more run time then you would at autox. Lapping days are 125 and time attacks are around 100.

Go to www.motorsportreg.com to see what available events are in the area. I plan on participating at the pca drivers education day on the 16th. Gives you a whole day of instruction plus a hot lunch!
Old 04-06-2011, 10:13 AM

Yup what BowlofRice said!

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....6F614665F7421E

Driver Skills - April 16, 2011

PCA - Pacific Northwest Region
Saturday Apr 16

Bremerton Motorsports Park, Port Orchard, WA

Last day to register online: Thu Apr 14, 2011

PNWR's Driver Skills event is a one-day course on the fundamentals of performance driving. Appropriate for novices and experienced drivers alike, Driver Skills provides all participants with lots of seat time and personalized 1:1 instruction. The day is divided into six primary segments:

Slalom.
Wet skidpad.
Threshold braking and accident avoidance.
Advanced slalom.
Handling oval.
Autocross.

Together, these segments improve students' ability to look ahead, control weight transfer, steer with the throttle, and brake effectively. Run groups are small, which means that wait time between runs is minimal. At the end of the six sessions, students are encouraged to apply the skills they've learned by taking free runs on a large autocross course. The intensity level and focus on driving is high, but so is the fun level!

The Driver Skills participation fee is $65, including a hot lunch. We have had to raise our event rate marginally over 2010 due to increases in track rental expenses. Limited helmet rentals are available for $30, with the fee waived for those participants under 21 years of age. Continue to the next page for more information...
Old 04-06-2011, 11:19 AM

I'm actually attending the autox this saturday at Bremerton Raceway for the 1st time. You don't need a helmet or roll bar. I think the cap was 50 students. One hour of class time and the instructor gets to sit with you while you autox. Decent price of $55 from 8am-5pm.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by 04GPW
I'm new to the world of owning a s2000 as well as autox. Does anyone have any recommendations on where and how to begin learning in the Seattle/Everett area? The car currently has no roll bar, but does have a hardtop. I'd like to get some track experience as well as learn overall good road skills.

What should I look to spend and if I can only afford a day or 2, is it still worth it?

Also the helmets that are used, can people wear eye glasses with them or do I have to get contacts?

Thanks.
You should check out the monthly autocross event run out at Bremerton Raceways. I attend once per month and it is a cheap and fun way to learn about your cars abilities and imporve you skills. You can borrow helmets at the track and there is no rule against glasses that I know of. http://www.bscc.net/index.php?view=d...list&Itemid=30
Old 04-06-2011, 05:02 PM

Go to a lapping day here. http://www.pacificgp.com/

You will get 20x's the seat time of any auto-x I have been to, and it is also more fun in my opinion.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:30 AM

Thanks guys, I'm going to look into these possibilities. I'm out of town for the 4/16 event, but that would've been perfect for me. Hope to see some of you out there.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:52 AM

Anybody going out tomorrow? I'll be there in the PM running
Old 04-09-2011, 05:25 PM

There is a Chuckanut Sports Car Club that holds autocross events in Bellingham, WA every year. This year on the 16th they are holding a school to help new people learn how to autocross. I plan on attending. They are only charging $25 for the membership and for the school. Good deal if you ask me!

Only 40 spots so register soon.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by himike
Yup what BowlofRice said!https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....65F7421EDriver Skills - April 16, 2011PCA - Pacific Northwest RegionSaturday Apr 16Bremerton Motorsports Park, Port Orchard, WALast day to register online: Thu Apr 14, 2011 PNWR's Driver Skills event is a one-day course on the fundamentals of performance driving. Appropriate for novices and experienced drivers alike, Driver Skills provides all participants with lots of seat time and personalized 1:1 instruction. The day is divided into six primary segments:Slalom. Wet skidpad. Threshold braking and accident avoidance. Advanced slalom. Handling oval. Autocross.Together, these segments improve students' ability to look ahead, control weight transfer, steer with the throttle, and brake effectively. Run groups are small, which means that wait time between runs is minimal. At the end of the six sessions, students are encouraged to apply the skills they've learned by taking free runs on a large autocross course. The intensity level and focus on driving is high, but so is the fun level! The Driver Skills participation fee is $65, including a hot lunch. We have had to raise our event rate marginally over 2010 due to increases in track rental expenses. Limited helmet rentals are available for $30, with the fee waived for those participants under 21 years of age. Continue to the next page for more information...

anyone else attending this??? i just registerd

Quick Reply: Autocross