Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Anyone willing to check out a car for me?

Old 06-23-2010, 08:43 AM

Received 320 Likes on 170 Posts
Default Anyone willing to check out a car for me?

Hey guys,

I am looking at picking up another S2000 and I came across this one.

Car Listing

Unfortunately living out of state its going to be a bit of a pain in the ass to check the car out. If anyone has some time to check out the car for me would you let me know.

I am trying to get an idea of the condition of the car, both inside and out. Basically all the general information you look for when buying a used car. The dealer is providing me with a few pics, however I've learned never to take the dealer at their word.

If someone can get a bunch of high-res pics, and a copy of the car fax that would be great. Maybe a test drive, see how the car runs and handles.

If you have some time and would be willing to help out send me a PM and I will gladly provide you with my number.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've done numerous appraisals for out of town buyers. Unfortunately, my schedule is pretty packed this week. If you are unsuccessful finding some help, I could spare a half hour this weekend.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Feezy

This dealer is near me, so I stopped in on them at lunch time to do a "cosmetic" check for you. I am not a mechanic so cannot help you there, but I can give you what I thought about the "look" of the car.

1. Quite a few little dents - I would say about $450/$500 in paintless removal
2. A lot of paint chips and scuffs all over i.e. not restricted to the nose
3. I think it has had paint already on the rear left quarter judging by differences in paint fade.
4. I have nothing against smokers, but first thing that hit me on opening the door was the smoke smell
5. Inside, typical wear for a car with nearly 100k, looks like it already had a bit of leather work on the drivers seat where you rub getting in and out
6. Hard Top is good
7. Soft top has duck tape on a piece that was visible behind the rear windshield - dont truly know the extent of how bad it is.
8. Front headlights need renovated, very misty covers
9. Stereo - would much prefer a standard unit that fitted the correctly, this one has an ugly gap all around it.
10. Wheels - very average

I did not fire it up to hear the engine - if you are still interested you need someone else doing the mechanical inspection.

Final comment: If it were my money I would be looking to spend it elsewhere. Even if you thought about it this way - offer 12k rather than the 13k asking price, part out the HT for 2k, then you get the car for 10k. - then it might be interesting accepting there is a lot of cosmetic (Inc canvas roof) to put right before you even start on the mechanicals. Anyways, just my thoughts.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:11 PM

Received 320 Likes on 170 Posts

Thank you for the assistance.

Look's like the hunt for a clean NFR AP1 is still on. >_>