Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Anyone live through a blood clot?

Old 05-13-2009, 09:46 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

What you have is a DVT or Deep Vein Thrombosis. You're physician is doing the right thing putting you on the lovenox (enoxaparin) and coumadin (warfarin). Like many have already said to take it easy for awhile since you're prone to bleeding i.e. cuts/bruises.

You physician probably has already told you things to look for such as sudden shortness of breath or chest pains. If you developed these symptoms you should seek immediate medical attention.

Of course, please go by what your physician has told you and the symptoms to look for. What I mention is for reference.

This is a scary and stressful time. You're physician is on the right track with your treatment. Be sure to ask him/her any questions you have, the more inform you are, the better.

I wish you the best and a speedy recovery.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this maybe a stupid question but if the clot is in your leg why can't they just remove it?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kelvin96gsr,May 13 2009, 01:58 PM
this maybe a stupid question but if the clot is in your leg why can't they just remove it?
Maybe he likes that leg.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,May 13 2009, 01:08 PM
Maybe he likes that leg.
just the clot
Old 05-13-2009, 06:16 PM

Ya I don't feel like loosing my leg. I asked the doctor and I guess there is more complications from going in. He ran off about a hundred different things on why this was the best course. From what I have read it is pretty common to take this route. I just want to get off the cane ASAP. Not bad though it is from my mom when she was alive. This is my second life changing event but I get kinda worried at only 34.

Thank you for the support and hope to be driving soon so I can meet up with everyone. It is about 2 hour drive for me and with this I plan on taking those kind of drives real slow and stop often.

-Chris
Old 05-13-2009, 06:21 PM

I assume you we told not to sit in one position for long periods of time, etc.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:24 PM

Yes he did. I figure that is how I got into this mess. I am hoping all goes well so I can do some driving. He said once we get things going in about a month I might be able to drive for short periods of time but to make sure I take a break to help out the circulation about every 30-45 minutes. I have my fingers crossed.
Until then my 3 minute drive to work with the wife in the drivers seat is as close as I am going to get.

-Chris
Old 05-13-2009, 06:30 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

We went thru blood clots with my mom in law - she kept getting them treated and things were ok. Then she moved back home to Alaska and her Doc up there suggested she stop taking warafin, she stopped and developed a new clot which went untreated and within 3 weeks she had to come back here and have her leg amputated. So follow your Dr's blood thinning plan and you will be fine.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ratgirl,May 13 2009, 07:30 PM
We went thru blood clots with my mom in law - she kept getting them treated and things were ok. Then she moved back home to Alaska and her Doc up there suggested she stop taking warafin, she stopped and developed a new clot which went untreated and within 3 weeks she had to come back here and have her leg amputated. So follow your Dr's blood thinning plan and you will be fine.
That's an uplifting story, Nancy.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:45 PM

Thanks Nancy. :-) Getting off the meds is something I am going to be cautious of. My doctor suggested that staying on can sometimes be safer for long term may be better than getting off it. Some doctors just don't get it. My wife is sick with some other issue and the doctors just keep jerking around. I know the feeling. More information the better.

-Chris

Quick Reply: Anyone live through a blood clot?