Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Anyone live through a blood clot?

Old 05-12-2009, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone live through a blood clot?

Well if good news comes (car is ready for pick-up) with bad news I have a blood clot in my leg. First thing to do is freak out so to avoid that anyone up for sharing an experience or two. Any news is some news. I can be a very anxious kinda guy but there doesn't seem to be much for other forums on people info. Just a lot of techno mumbo that can get boring.

Thanks
Chris
Old 05-12-2009, 08:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope it goes without saying, but I wish you well.

I'm pretty sure we all have lived through sub-clinical blood clots. It's not really like these are all or nothing events, as far as I know.

That being said, what have your doctors told you? Do they think it's dangerous, or just troublesome?
Old 05-12-2009, 08:12 PM

My doctor put me on the fast track to thin my blood because of the size( used the word large). Using two daily shots of lovenox and some pills to get things thinned down quick. He mentioned some complications at 60%-70% of something happening so went over some of the symptoms to watch out for. It is the veins to the lungs so I might get a warning of complications vs an artery straight to the heart.

Didn't know if anyone else had gone through one. All the guys at work have had their share of kidney stones but this ends up in a whole other league.

If all goes well maybe off meds in 6 months.

-Chris
Old 05-12-2009, 08:21 PM

I see. Sounds like if you keep on top of it you should be OK. Like Red Green says, we're all in this together. Good luck with it.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:47 PM

Thanks. Just real scary.

-Chris
Old 05-12-2009, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by wannabuy,May 12 2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks. Just real scary.
Yeah, I know that one from recent experience. A few good things came out of it though. I did some stuff I was putting off doing.

Samuel Johnson supposedly said that "The prospect of hanging concentrates the mind wonderfully." I went through a recent medical scare myself, where suddenly that made sense to me in a way it hadn't before.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,710 Likes on 1,440 Posts

Originally Posted by wannabuy,May 12 2009, 07:24 PM
Well if good news comes (car is ready for pick-up) with bad news I have a blood clot in my leg. First thing to do is freak out so to avoid that anyone up for sharing an experience or two. Any news is some news. I can be a very anxious kinda guy but there doesn't seem to be much for other forums on people info. Just a lot of techno mumbo that can get boring.

Thanks
Chris
good thoughts headed yur way.... I think anyone would be anxious in the situation hope all goes well!
Old 05-12-2009, 10:45 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Good Luck man!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:16 AM

It sounds like your doctor has done what has needed to be done. I assume the pills you're referring to are coumadin (warfarin). Be careful with cuts and blunt trauma (if you play soccer or the like I would advise holding off from that activity for now) and just take it easy for a while and let he meds work. Good luck. If you have any other questions I will answer them if I can.

Zach
Old 05-13-2009, 08:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good friend of mine had it and was given the same medication as you. They had to hospitalize her in the beginning just to make sure but she recovered without any problems.

Don't panic and take it easy for awhile.

Quick Reply: Anyone live through a blood clot?