Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Anyone drive at Champs Karting in Redmond?

Old 05-12-2004, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone drive at Champs Karting in Redmond?

I have a company Morale event there today, and I was looking for some Cheating Bastard Advice from anyone who has driven there

I hopefully have not talked too much smack around the office that I can still redeem myself!

Though how hard can it be to beat a bunch of pansy Harley riding MiniVan driving geeks!!

Marek
Old 05-12-2004, 11:00 AM

It's been at least 2-3 years since I was there.

Electric karts, so somewhat better low end than the SyKart gas jobs. The way the track layout was, if you got the line right you didn't have to brake at all, just lift in a couple places.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:55 AM

The fast line there is tight tight tight. Think about a wide line as traveling more distance and therefore slower lap times. Keep as tight as possible with the exception of the first turn after the straight.

Keep your right foot on the gas at all times...never let off. Use left foot braking to cut throttle and brakes, but never let off the gas.

Sliding is scrubbing speed, so don't slide much.

Go for flying laps...not a consistently fast lap time. This will mean sacrificing on the lap before your flying lap, or the one after, since the start/finish is near a corner.

If you find yourself understeering, move your seat forward/lean forward. Vice versa for oversteering. In general, I push the seats on karts as far forward as possible.

Look at the wear patterns on the tires of each kart...look for nice wide contact patches. If the wear is uneven, beware. The karts are quite different.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:40 AM

Thanks guys!

I have heard that the electric karts were kind of lame, but I thought they were pretty fun. But then again, I think that anything with 4 wheels that you can get sideways is fun!

I ended up taking first place (thank you very much!) out of about 30 of my closest coworkers. I did have to duke it out with our GM in the qualifying rounds, and being it is so close to review time the thought of sandbagging did come to mind

The Redmond facility is fairly nice, thoght the track is short, at about 20 seconds a lap. If you get 2 laps under 19.5 then you can drive the fast karts (they use D-cell's instead of AAA's I think.

Being that it is so close to Azteca, we should consider it for some post taco tuesday hits off the go-fast crack pipe!

Marek

It could certainly serve us for a post taco tuesday hit from the go-fast crack pipe!