Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Any suggestions on which dealer is preferrable in the Vancouver area?

Old 11-08-2002, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any suggestions on which dealer is preferrable in the Vancouver area?

I've got a few things on my car that needs to be fixed. I'm just wondering if anyone's had bad experience with any dealer around here? I've heard some very horrible stories on this board about the car being abused and joy-ridden, and also about technicians knowing nothing about how to fix the s2k? I bought the car at Carter, and am planning to take the car back there for the repairs, since they sell quite a bit of s2ks in this area. Any suggestions?
Old 11-08-2002, 11:07 AM

We bought our car from Carter, and really liked the sales dept., but after several bad experiences with the service dept, we will NEVER take any car we own to be serviced at Carter Honda again. We have been to Westwood Honda a few times and have had nothing but good experiences there. They really seem to be very knowledgable about the s2000 at Westwood.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:14 PM

What did Carter do wrong?
Any other suggestions? because Westwood is a little too far.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:07 PM

Richmond Honda was really good with me when I had the passenger air bag switch put in.

Brian Maguire was the guy who looked after me 604 207-1808

They admitted up front that because they hadn't put any switches in before it might take a bit longer, but didn't charge for extra labour.
Old 11-09-2002, 10:50 AM

Originally posted by JL9000
What did Carter do wrong?
Any other suggestions? because Westwood is a little too far.
1) We took in our s2000 on a Saturday to have an alarm installed. They said they would have it done by the end of the day, so we hung around for 8 hours (this is a huge inconvenience to us, since we live in Cloverdale, but we figured it was okay, since we'd have the car back by the end of the day), just to be told at 4:30 pm that our car wouldn't be ready until Monday, because they wouldn't be able to finish the install by the end of the day.

2) When we picked up our car on that Monday, the passenger side latch was broken. It was definitely NOT broken when we took it in, but the Carter Honda service dept tried to say it was broken when we took it in, but that they would replace it under warranty anyway

3) We waited until the passenger side latch had been ordered in (about a week later), and drove in to Carter Honda yet again, only to find they had ordered the latch for the wrong side. And, it was me that had to notice this - they installed a driver's side latch on the passenger's side apparently thinking all was A-OK.

4) We finally get the right side latch that Carter Honda broke in the first place while installing our alarm. So, we had to make 4 trips in for what SHOULD have been one trip!!!

5) We took our CRV in to Carter Honda to have locking lug nuts put on. They put them on, and when we checked the job they did, we found that they didn't put a locking lug nut on the spare tire (which there is supposed to be for the CRV). It turns out they've installed the wrong lug nuts (and we have to PROVE it to them, because they have no idea that there's a different set of lug nuts for the CRV). So basically, instead of half an hour, it takes over an hour for them to put the lug nuts on. My time is important to me, and I don't have time for the crap that I have to put up with when I deal with the service dept at Carter Honda.

Here's some background on what some Vancouver owners have been through with respect to servicing:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...?threadid=39197
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...?threadid=60998
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...?threadid=25819
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...?threadid=43361
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...?threadid=31607
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...?threadid=64364
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...?threadid=63439

IMHO, it's worth the drive out to Westwood Honda for the better, competent service.
Old 11-09-2002, 11:27 AM

Westwood Honda

Middlegate Honda you get the idea.

Happy Honda - not sure...though I know one of the manager (he used to do autox) there and can speak to him if there's a problem.
Old 11-10-2002, 05:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to say, I agree with my lovely wife. Westwood is worth the trip. It becomes more than a question of service that is just good enough. It is a question of service that will exceed our expectations. This type of service will not happen unless we can develop a large enough group of owners to make it worth the dealership's while.

BTW, did you know that Westwood provides the first service free? This is in addition to having what I believe are the lowest rates in the lower mainland.
Old 11-18-2002, 09:36 PM

I took my S in to Carters last week with them promising to repair my factory Honda alarm. My car was one week over warranty and they promised that they would repair it under warranty. When I got there, and after they found out that it was probably a control module, they said that it could not be repaired under warranty because I could not prove that the alarm was installed at the time of purchase even though it was a factory Honda, and even though they had promised me over the phone that they would honor the warranty because it was only one week over! I was so made. I thought all S2000's came with a factory alarm in 2000, but I guess not. ANy add on accessories they said are only warrantied 1yr. I would not go back there.