Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

AMR Engineering - S2000 Coilovers made in Seattle

Old 10-17-2010, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PedalFaster,Oct 17 2010, 06:13 AM
To be fair, you gave him five hours on a Saturday night to reply.

Also, to clarify, I'm not saying his product is good or bad. I have no idea, never having seen it, although I'd actually be thrilled to have a credible shock manufacturer locally. I just think his decision to introduce himself to the forum by dissing two guys who do actually race was questionable.

Andy, I'm the moderator in the Racing and Competition forum. Despite assertions to the contrary, several autocross and time trial national champions and several Runoffs-caliber road racers hang out in R&C. We'd love to hear you make your case there, although (a) you'd need to become a sponsor to start a thread promoting your product, and (b) you'd need to come equipped with dyno charts, race results, or other more tangible data or else you'd face a very skeptical reception.
I've been after him for more than five hours. I'd really like to hear him state his case as well, but he's just avoiding it. He says he doesn't like to hash things out on the forums, because it ends up being too much headache for him. Maybe he'd be more open to educating us at a meet at his Vancouver shop.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:51 PM

[QUOTE=Seattle2k,Oct 17 2010, 11:32 AM]He says he doesn't like to hash things out on the forums, because it ends up being too much headache for him.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by PedalFaster,Oct 17 2010, 03:51 PM
So I did some digging...

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthr...t=30780&page=15

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthr...?t=28733&page=6

http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=100245

A lot of the links in those posts seem to be broken, but still, not promising.

Also, his speedy Atlanta customer who's converting everyone to AMR? Turns out he did make it to Nationals, but:
  • He listed AMR Engineering as his sponsor
  • He came in 34th out of 36 drivers in his class, 11 seconds behind the winner, and PAXed 987th out of the 1154 drivers at the event
  • The guy who won his class was running Konis
So yeah, I can see why he considers forums to be a headache.
Yeah, I've found some reports about this guy not delivering coilovers for months after they were paid for, etc.

Unless Andy can give me some real proof, I'll take my chances with some other company.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:39 AM

I consider a nuthugger anyone that says that nothing can be faster than a Koni Yellow, or a custom Koni/GC setup, and nothing else or some that say it is either Koni or Moton, and nothing in the middle. The internet as well as this entire scene is filled with these hard headed people. That is simply all that I am saying.

It does not matter if my customers race on a national level or not, the fact is if they see improvement over the setup they perviously had my job is done. Our coilovers are made to order, and made specifically to meet a clients object. I am glad the guy who won this year was running Koni, but that doesn't mean a thing to me. That's like D2 winning a championship which in some forms of racing they have! Does that make them great no, or does that make them the only option? Those companies Ofcourse the chances of that are high because we do not make it our lifes work to go after those customers or this market in general. Koni is way ahead of the game when it comes to putting there foot in the door and we have no intension of going after this market in any aggressive way. The fact is, I know the feedback I am getting from our customers, and I am more than confident that it will just be a matter of time that we have a driver that will put us in the spotlight. Till then I am going to continue to do what we are good at, and support the people that run our product big or small. That is what is important to us. We are a small company, and this is really the first year we even reached out to anyone who runs in ST and other classes. Our current clients keep us quite busy, and with a lead time like ours I am not going out of my way to look for more work or go find drivers who race on a national level to run our product LOL. Most of our business is word of mouth, and we will continue to pursue more racers as time allows which will give customers a chance to see more of our product in action. Again time will tell, and we have met all our goals as a company in the past 5 years. We have proven our durability which was the utmost importance especially with a business saturated with poorly manufactured dampers. Our relationship with Hyperco is better than ever, and everything we demanded of them and the quality we wanted has been met. We have also expanded into many forms of racing successfully, and will continue to grow in that area via word of mouth as our racers become more and more successful as time goes by.

Also did someone actually whine that I was unable to respond to a question over the weekend on a forum I don't even venture on a regular basis? are u flipping kidding me LOL. Another reason why we don't like to play on the forums.

Not sure what those links have to do with this thread, but realize that all our dampers are made to order. We have a lead time of 10-14 weeks depending on the applications, and when the order is placed. If it's a popular application then we may have the parts pre-machinined and can deliver in 2-3 weeks, just depends. We don't twist our customers arms to place a order with us, they clearly know the lead time as well as how busy we are. Also anytime I even do any of these groupbuys it is only because we are asked to. Again we are more than busy enough without them.

Thank you for the invite PedalFaster. Unfortunately we do not sponsor many websites, and I did not come here to promote our product. I simply logged on here to post a issue with Peakboost on parts he was unable to deliver.

I find it amusing in a way that your looking at how my customer placed at nationals when I don't even care about that or even view it the same as many of you do. There is a lot of factors involved at placing well at any event, and it didn't work out for him that weekend. But I didn't care if he placed well or not. Why? Because I work with him closely and I know that the car was working well. I received the feedback I wanted from the people around him that I was hoping for. I am just happy he had a great time, and was able to give us the exposure we wanted, and had someone at the track that was well respected. What is funny is I got this e-mail soon after from Keith Vail who has a few national trophies under his belt who happens to be building a s2000 LOL. Hmm our customer didn't place well yet people still want to run our product, and was impressed hmmm???

Hello Mr. Reyes,

I drove Eric Soto's Civic at the SCCA Solo Nationals last week in Lincoln, Nebraska. While working on and around the car with Eric we got discussing your shocks that were on the car and he mentioned that you were looking for someone to run your shocks on their S2000. I am currently building my 2008 S2000 for the Street Touring Roadster class. I currently have re-valved Koni Sports with Ground Control sleeves but was looking to upgrade over the winter. Eric told me to contact you to see if you were still looking for someone to test out the S2000 setup. Let me know if you are interested in speaking more about this and thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,

Keith Vail

This single e-mail made the event worth it, and again why our objective was met. We had a driver there to show what our shocks can do, and also gave people the opportunity such as this to put them into action. This is what is important to me and my company. Again sooner or later we will put our dampers in the hands of a driver that will put us in the spotlight, we will have our momment, and this is how we will do it. Slowly, but surely our time will come. Did I expect our customer to even let another person drive his car at nationals? NO! But he did, and by going above and beyond he turned someone to our product not by pretty words, or some magic lines on a piece of paper. He drove it, he liked it, and he liked it enough to e-mail us and move on from his Koni setup. We have exchanged quite a few e-mail and look forward working with him. I relly look forward to seeing how he does next year. I assure you, you will see more AP chasiss with our dampers. Who knows maybe next year we might have that trophy, and maybe that is what some of you want to see as PROOF, but not for me, that is simply icing on my cake which in my opinion has alot of icing already from the happy customers we have, and what we feel are great results from our clients.

I been up really late, I have work in the morning. ARG it is morning!!! Sleep time!
Old 10-18-2010, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by RT,Oct 17 2010, 12:15 AM
Old 10-18-2010, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Andy@AMR,Oct 18 2010, 04:39 AM
Also did someone actually whine that I was unable to respond to a question over the weekend on a forum I don't even venture on a regular basis? are u flipping kidding me LOL. Another reason why we don't like to play on the forums.
Admittedly, I may have jumped the gun.

I simply saw that you had read my PMs, but didn't respond. I incorrectly took that as you avoding my questions and PedalFaster's questions.

I hope you can still find the time to answer my questions regarding compression. I'm sure you have a lot of knowledge in your field, and I'm extremely excited to have a local suspension manufacturer in the area.