Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

AMR Engineering - S2000 Coilovers made in Seattle

Old 10-05-2010, 11:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AMR Engineering - S2000 Coilovers made in Seattle

This company is in Seattle and makes a coilover for the S2000.

http://www.amrengineering.com/faq.html
Old 10-06-2010, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call me crazy but I would probably rather get a costumed valved Koni set up for $1600. They didn't mention valving or rates so they may be able to set something up on a per customer basis, but it's always tough being the first one to the party
Old 10-06-2010, 01:16 PM

[QUOTE=misterwaterfallin,Oct 6 2010, 11:55 AM] Call me crazy but I would probably rather get a costumed valved Koni set up for $1600.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Seattle2k,Oct 6 2010, 01:16 PM
Regarding valving and spring rates - AMR custom builds each set to the customer's specifications.

Their are other cars running these, I just don't know of any S2000's with them. However, most sanctioned racers don't frequent the forums, so it's possible there are many out there that we just don't know of.

Based off of information in their blog, it sounds like the motorsports world keeps them pretty busy.

Oh, and they have a lifetime warranty.
I guess I was more thinking about autox applications and I have never heard them brought up. I may end up giving them a call to see what they can put together, but I find it weird that they don't offer a double adjustable set up if they are trying to go after the motorsport crowd
Old 10-08-2010, 01:38 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Seattle2k,Oct 6 2010, 02:16 PM
Oh, and they have a lifetime warranty.
Which is fantastic...assuming the company is still around if something breaks From their website, it certainly looks like they make nice stuff
Old 10-08-2010, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by bahula03,Oct 8 2010, 02:38 PM
Which is fantastic...assuming the company is still around if something breaks From their website, it certainly looks like they make nice stuff
I believe they've been around for 8 years. I found a local Evo owner on Youtube who runs these. He says the EVO guys approve of them. He also said AMR has moved to a newer shop in Vancouver, WA.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

8 way adjustable is a bit lacking in comparison to most that are double this, don't you think? $1600 isn't exactly giving them away either. But if you actually know what kind of performance you want specifically... and they can custom valve them for you to meet your needs, then that is something worth considering.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky,Oct 9 2010, 09:57 PM
8 way adjustable is a bit lacking in comparison to most that are double this, don't you think? $1600 isn't exactly giving them away either. But if you actually know what kind of performance you want specifically... and they can custom valve them for you to meet your needs, then that is something worth considering.
8 clicks seems like a reasonable amount of adjustability to me. A lot of systems that are 50000-way adjustable strike me as just using that as a gimmick. Are you really going to feel the difference between detent 21 and detent 22? I'd rather have 8 clicks than 32 or no detents ("infinitely adjustable"), because it's easier to quantify the difference. Sure, it limits what you can really do, but suspension tuning takes time and money, and I don't have a lot of either.

I guess I was more thinking about autox applications and I have never heard them brought up. I may end up giving them a call to see what they can put together, but I find it weird that they don't offer a double adjustable set up if they are trying to go after the motorsport crowd
I don't think the default Koni shock / X spring setup is compression adjustable either. True Choice also quoted me like $1850 for a setup. It is however proven to work...

I totally forgot about these guys, otherwise I would have contacted them. I remember hearing about AMR a while back when a teammate on the UW Formula SAE racing team brought them up. If anyone does go with these, you should share your thoughts!
Old 10-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by ALFYonso,Oct 10 2010, 11:27 AM
8 clicks seems like a reasonable amount of adjustability to me. A lot of systems that are 50000-way adjustable strike me as just using that as a gimmick. Are you really going to feel the difference between detent 21 and detent 22? I'd rather have 8 clicks than 32 or no detents ("infinitely adjustable"), because it's easier to quantify the difference. Sure, it limits what you can really do, but suspension tuning takes time and money, and I don't have a lot of either.

15-20 clicks is a good range to work with. 15 seems to be right on the money for most of us. Most dampers I have found ...whether cars or bikes, will "ramp up" losing their fine adjustment as they they get closer to their maximum adjustment point and the valving comes to a close, the more clicks you have the better in this aspect. For example on a 30 click damper, the first 6-10 clicks feel almost as if nothing has changed. 10-25 is where the real adjustability comes in and the last 5 clicks make drastic differences in one click. You break that down into 8 clicks and your adjustability is likely compromised in the last 4 clicks. This is where a specific custom valving would be the answer, but you have to know which range of damping you want to be set up for. Knowing which spring rate you want to live with is obviously a big part of getting the valving right. To me a street car that gets tracked needs to be more versatile then solely a track car or just a street car for obvious reasons. Just my 0.2
Old 10-10-2010, 06:27 PM

[QUOTE=s2000Junky,Oct 10 2010, 01:43 PM] 15-20 clicks is a good range to work with. 15 seems to be right on the money for most of us. Most dampers I have found ...whether cars or bikes, will "ramp up" losing their fine adjustment as they they get closer to their maximum adjustment point and the valving comes to a close, the more clicks you have the better in this aspect. For example on a 30 click damper, the first 6-10 clicks feel almost as if nothing has changed. 10-25 is where the real adjustability comes in and the last 5 clicks make drastic differences in one click. You break that down into 8 clicks and your adjustability is likely compromised in the last 4 clicks. This is where a specific custom valving would be the answer, but you have to know which range of damping you want to be set up for. Knowing which spring rate you want to live with is obviously a big part of getting the valving right.

Quick Reply: AMR Engineering - S2000 Coilovers made in Seattle