Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

*Last* Auto-X This Sunday - Anyone Going?

Old 10-18-2010, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *Last* Auto-X This Sunday - Anyone Going?

Anyone interested in going to an Autocross this Sunday @ Sanderson Field in Shelton? This is the last one for the season, and it's hosted by the UW Formula SAE racing team. The money goes to a good cause - helping the team out, and ultimately helping to produce solid engineers from the UW engineering school. You can also pay for a team member to do your work assignment

I haven't been to a single event all season, so I figure I should make it out to this one; especially because I'm UW FSAE Alumni. If anyone is interested in caravaning, riding along for a run, or co-driving (a select few of you, LoL), let me know!

Hope to see some S2K's out there. Let me know if you have questions.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:14 AM

i want to do this so bad.. but dont have a clut what i need or how much it is doesnt a car need to be up to par? need a helmet and stuff like that
FILL ME IN!! i really want to go
Old 10-19-2010, 07:54 AM

I'm interested.. as long as it doesn't rain
Do you need to have prior experience? Is there like a beginners course?

- Sung
Old 10-19-2010, 07:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in for sure, but I really dont know anything about that place or how to get there, so I have to caravan with you.
Matt.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:33 PM

Can you post a link for this? I'm currently prepping my car for auto cross next year but am not quite sure what some of the specific rules are.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:40 PM

sorry guys, should have put this up sooner: www.wwscc.org. Hit the schedule link and it takes you to a place where you can register for the event.

To answer some of the questions:

- It'll be somewhere between $20-$30, don't know off the top fo my head. An extra $20 gets you out of having to do your work assignment (a FSAE team member will stand and shag cones during your work shift)

- Your car needs to pass tech inspection - they mainly look for a secured battery, loose suspension/wheel bearings, and anything else that looks like it might fail. Most cars pass tech that haven't been tampered with.

- No prior experience necessary, and there isn't a beginner course. They do however do a novice/beginner course walk where they give you tips, and you can also request an instructor.

- Matt - check the link out, it'll give you some detail but we can also definitely meet up prior

- Rules are on the website

In case anyone was wondering: other than making sure your car is in working order (aka can pass tech), there's no need to "get ready" for autocross or any other driving event by throwing aftermarket parts at your car. That stuff isn't needed, there are stock classes, and you'll be missing out on learning how the car handles in stock form.

Hope that helps, let me know what other questions you might have. The weather is looking crappy, hopefully things shape up!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:59 PM

i can pretty much expect my car to fail inspection due to the huge spider crack on my windsheild.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:01 PM

^^ How bad is it? I've passed tech with a huge crack before. If it looks like your windshield is going to shatter, you would probably fail. If it looks contained though, you might be okay.

BTW - you might want to ask your ins. company about getting that fixed. Often you pay a lower cost deductible (mine was $100 for claims less than $500 or something like that) and it's not something that they count against you.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:33 AM

I have done three of these events at that venue earlier in the year and they are alot of fun. The tech inspection is basic and most cars pass as long as you meet the basic requirements listed. You will meet some cool people with some awesome cars. I wish I wasnt going on the drive otherwise I would join you guys.

Kieran
Old 10-20-2010, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by ALFYonso,Oct 19 2010, 10:01 PM
^^ How bad is it? I've passed tech with a huge crack before. If it looks like your windshield is going to shatter, you would probably fail. If it looks contained though, you might be okay.

BTW - you might want to ask your ins. company about getting that fixed. Often you pay a lower cost deductible (mine was $100 for claims less than $500 or something like that) and it's not something that they count against you.
screw it! ill be at work at 2pm im talking to my boss about taking the day offf

anyone trying to roll with me?

Quick Reply: *Last* Auto-X This Sunday - Anyone Going?