Ottawa S2000 Owners Ottawa Canada and area

Show & Shine SAT, Cruise SUNDAY

Old 05-14-2004, 04:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Show & Shine SAT, Cruise SUNDAY

So who's in for the RX7 show and Shine and cruise?

I'll be at both, mostly to take pics at the show and shine and then the cruise should be great.

The plan is to meet the RX group at the Masson-Cumberland Ferry at 9:10am on Sunday.

They are meeting on the Ontario side and crossing the ferry, I thought that was kind of silly as I have to go all the way across town I might as well do it on the QC side. So I will be meeting them on the QC side at the ferry around 9:10.

So you guys want to meet someplace and cruise down there to meet them? They jump off the ferry at 9:10 and head to a place in Masson for breakfast, then it's a cruise down the 148 to Gatineau or something.
Old 05-14-2004, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to go but I think there is a big Tapp Cruise night at Luskville on Sat. Alot of my friends are going to be there. My buddy told me there is a black turbo charged S2k thats going to be making a few runs which I wouldn't mind seeing. I'm not sure if the timing of the two events conflict with each other though.
Old 05-14-2004, 09:46 AM

No they don't. Show and Shine is 2pm on Saturday.

Cruise is 9am on Sunday.

Dragging an S2000 pointless.

Come on out for the cruise, should be sweet Sunday morning.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:09 PM

Sorry wing, I'll have to flake out on the cruise. Got some yard duty overdue.
Old 05-15-2004, 06:18 PM

yard duty? This is suppose to be a wicked drive, if you change your mind, meet us in Masson at 9am.

Apparently it's an all day cruise.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:29 PM

Oh boy did you guys miss a WONDERFULL drive. I'll post the route when I figure it out! It was basically Gatineau up to Maniwaki and around. but WOW.

Imagine Laguna Seca's famous S turn with the banks, now imagine it 100 times OVER and OVER and OVER again, now imagine it with big posted signs saying "25KM/H MAX SHARP TURN", now imagine going 120km/h!

WOW! I have a new appreciation for the S's handling. Some Nicely banked turns, some of the FD's were going 250km/h!

I went a little slower, but for most of the drive they were going a little nuts, 160-180km/h constantly it was getting to my ears with the top down. But the tight twisty stuff was just plain fun. I master heal and toe today for sure, unfreakin' believable.

Lots of people turning and staring at us flying by, zooom VRROOOOOM some of the guys were a little nuts going through the small towns at 150km/h, I'd just do the tight turns again and again it was a blast.

There was 1 miata with us, supercharged, it was QUICK. I was following him for a bit going 90km/h then he'd hammer it for the curves and I would follow, I was catching him a LITTLE but barely.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:43 PM

Get that Invidia yet?
Old 05-16-2004, 05:04 PM

Wing,

sounds like you had a blast! I wish I could have been there with you guys. My relatives live up in Gatineau and there are some wicked curves. I can't imagine doing 160-180 around there though. Lots of blind corners and stuff...it could get a little dicey. I have been taking it easy cause about a month ago in my company car 03 Ford Escape I got a ticket by the Surete de Quebec going over the Macdonald-Cartier bridge following someone doing 115 in a 70 zone. The damm cops pulled both of us over.

On the Invida exhaust. A good buddy of mine has Invida on his grey 00 in Winnipeg. It sounds pretty cool. I'm not fond of the look, but he loves it.
Old 05-16-2004, 05:10 PM

by the way how do I get a photo in my avatar guys? been trying to figure out but can't quite?
Old 05-16-2004, 07:07 PM

wing,
glad you had a good time. Get that route, we might want to try it out again

hapa,
To get an avatar:
- go to the start button on the upper left
- select "edit options"
- at the bottom of the page is the "select avatar option"
- the avatar has to be less than 5kB

Quick Reply: Show & Shine SAT, Cruise SUNDAY