Ottawa S2000 Owners Ottawa Canada and area

Driving Watkins Glen

Old 03-16-2005, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey james, what game do you have that has Nurb....

GT4 has the North Ring and I have trouble memorizing that thing!!
Old 03-16-2005, 06:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Project Gotham, I know every corner like the back of my hand, let's see....

Long straight, slight left slight right, hard right, medium left, very hard right, down hill hard left, slight right, slight right, medium left, up slight incline into medium left, medium right, medium left downhill , hard right, straight up hill bump, down hill, up bigger hill, medium right, LONG straight, medium left up hill, hard right after medium straight, medium straight, a few wiggles, up steep hill, hard left, HARD right, VERY hard left up hill and VERY hard right up hill.

I could keep going but I should get back to work
Old 03-16-2005, 11:33 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

do you guys work at all during the day or just talk about racing?

hehehehe
Old 03-16-2005, 01:12 PM

Trust me, work...
Old 03-16-2005, 08:39 PM

Hey, I actually only surf s2ki.com on off work hours. Doesn't make sense since there's no one to impress when your a temp. But there it is.

Doug I don't expect to be an old hand after two days, thats for sure. Just really want to learn enough to have a little fun. You know a short weekend fling, not a long term relationship

And Shannonville is already not the same. Good learning track though. When Calabogie opens up here, it definitely won't be the same. The track designer that did Tremblant did this one. Check it out:

http://calabogiemotorsports.com/
Old 03-17-2005, 04:49 AM

Well Steve, if you get a good instructor you will learn a ton of good stuff. As far as having fun, hell I have fun at The Glen driving around in a minivan stuffed with people...

Mosport and Calabogie are on my to do list once I have a trailer; maybe 2006.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:07 AM

Oh god I'd love to do Mosport - my buddy is debuting his Targa Newfoundland 280z there in June.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:02 AM

I did Mosport a number of years ago in my CRX-Si and it was a blast. I just loved the fact that it actually had a 2nd gear corner. It was a blast to get that corner right because it leads to the back straight.

I think the only part of the track I did not like was the back straight. It is so hilly you can have cars in front of you and not really know it. Then if you are really carrying a lot of speed and the guy in front of you is not, you can pop up over the last hill and see the guy in front of you with his brake lights on as they set up for the right hander; it can be a real eye opener...

Trust me Steve, the only time you will be in 2nd at The Glen is when you head out onto the track.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:25 PM

Well, I understand that Mosport is one of those know the blind corner or kiss it goodbye type track layouts. One of our autocross layouts was a mini-version of Mosport. That was probably one of my worst outings. Hmmm.

Yeah, I gotta even out the wear, 1-2-3 are putting an imbalance in my transmission
Old 03-19-2005, 06:01 PM

If you don't find a roommate let me know. If you want to stay someplace other than the Seneca I might be able to save you a few bucks. The Seneca Lodge is where about 90% of the people stay, but over the years I have found this nice place down in the village that has small single rooms; you could stay in one of the singles maybe.

Budget Inn Watkins Glen
(607) 535-4800
435 S Franklin St
Watkins Glen, NY 14891

Quick Reply: Driving Watkins Glen