Ottawa S2000 Owners Ottawa Canada and area

Decent Dealers in the Greater Montreal Area?

Old 03-29-2006, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decent Dealers in the Greater Montreal Area?

Having been here for three months now (from the UK), the sun is finally starting to show its face and I'm starting to feel the need to get another S2K. Not sure yet if I can really afford one (I still have a home amd family in the UK to fund as well the house I've bought here), but I'm going to look into it.

Are there any good S2K dealers in the area West of Montreal city? By that, I mean one that knows more than the fact that it's a Honda? When I was looking for an AWD/4WD (and ended up leasing a Jeep Liberty - great for the Montreal area roads!) I visited Civic Honda and Spinelli Honda. Certainly not impressed with Spinelli - full of as far as the CRV was concerned (I know because I've owned one before).

Is there any benefit in venturing further west into Ontario?

Thanks for any info.

Roy
Old 03-29-2006, 01:57 PM

My s2000 just went up on the auto trader - its in Toronto at a dealer (I traded it in).

I can certainly vouch for the condition of it, and I can provide you with any questions you might have about the car.

It already has aftermarket rims (Volk Racing CE28n) and a few Spoon bolt ons.

2003 with 50,000 kms
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.asp...79&adid=5110642
Old 03-29-2006, 02:05 PM

I purchased my S from Honda dealership in a town called Terre-Bonne, just a little outside of Montreal. The service was great, the knowledge of the salesman I dealt with was pretty good, and they were very kind to honour a price quoted to me that they had made a mistake on. Overall I would say I had a good experience there. Be very careful though when buying within Quebec, a lot of dealers tend to buy accidented S2K's and sell them off. Just ensure you ask questions, and inspect the car yourself for anything that may look odd. Most dealers will tell you staright up that it has been in an accident, but you never know.

You would have to check and see if they have any on hand, or better yet even put in a call to see if they have one on the way. The owner sells them rather quickly, and can hardly keep them on his lot. Here is a link to their used section on their website. I suggest checking it frequently to see if you run into one there.

Goodluck!

Terre-Bonne Honda
Old 03-30-2006, 03:19 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

If you go to Terrebonne Honda,ask for Sebastien Brassard.
He's the son of the owner;tell him,Emil St-Hilaire sent you.
You won't get a better price,but you'll get good service;and he knows the "S".
Bought mine there too.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:26 AM

Thanks,

I'll probabbly go for a new car and I'll try to get to one night Terrebonne next week (it doesn't help that all dealerships here are closed at the weekends ). I work downtown and live west of Montreal, in Saint Lazare).

I did call at Civic Honda where the salesman said he didn't know much about the car (a good start) as he'd not been there very long (turned out he'd been there a year ).

He then said that they don't normally stock them as they'd "got stuck with one last year" . A test drive is subject to a non-refundable $5000 deposit!

I guess they don't really want my business.

Roy
Old 04-01-2006, 04:13 AM

[QUOTE=BuzzRM,Apr 1 2006, 07:26 AM]

He then said that they don't normally stock them as they'd "got stuck with one last year" .
Old 04-03-2006, 11:37 AM

5k for a test drive? tell them to f**K off. I test drove one for a hour and ended up not buying from that dealer. Found a better deal at anither dealer.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Andrewca,Apr 3 2006, 07:37 PM
5k for a test drive? tell them to f**K off.
That's pretty much the message I left them with.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:01 PM

Depending on how much work you want to put into it. If you are getting paid in Canadian dollars, it is actually cheaper to import a S2000 from the United States. The Canadian price has fallen behind the curve with the exchange rate. Canadian vs. US car pricing is interesting since there is a significant differnce in standard of living costs just over the border.

In any case, it depends if you want to go through the hassle.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:31 PM

^^^^do that and you won't have a warranty. Not sure how much that is worth to you.

Honda is one of those nasty companies that does this to prevent cross-border shopping. From Honda.ca:

"If a vehicle that was originally sold new in the United States is brought into Canada, its warranty only applies to the owner that purchased the vehicle while living in the U.S. and who imports the vehicle into Canada for their own personal or family use."

It also says in an American Honda warranty booklet that:

The warranties in this booklet do not
cover:

Quick Reply: Decent Dealers in the Greater Montreal Area?