Orlando The I-4 Parking Lot

Orlando Weekly Meet 9-18-08 7:30pm

Old 09-16-2008, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mother,Sep 16 2008, 08:02 AM
Maybe create a new thread for suggestions on places to meet though so as not to further clutter this one...

Old 09-16-2008, 05:25 AM

Tis done.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:02 AM

I am going to make a concerted effort to make it to this meet. I am about 50 - 50.

Speedy, you are the man! I appreciate how hard it is to coordinate meets. Let's face it. It is simply impossible to set a meet every week and satisify everyone every time. It's tough to figure out a location that all can agree upon. What one person may think is too pricey, another person thinks is affordable. Some people don't like sushi, and the enlightened do. (That's meant as a joke!)

So speedy, let me say thanks for all your hard work. Part of the fun of having an S is this community, and you're dedication is appreciated.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:04 AM

[QUOTE=triman54,Sep 16 2008, 10:02 AM] Some people don't like sushi, and the enlightened do.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:10 AM

he misspelled "peeps" as well...
Old 09-16-2008, 06:56 AM

)*)(*^&*^%%%@%$#&@)*$_(($@_*$^*&$
Old 09-16-2008, 07:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When I drive to the Orlando meets I come from the Indian River/Brevard County border which is always over 100 miles each way to wherever the meet is. I am not whining about the distance, the reason I do not drive to more meets is that my car lacks oceangoing capabilities and I am in the middle of the Atlantic a good portion of the time. I think a meet suggestion thread is an excellent idea. When Brevard rolls to an Orlando meet we generally show up with more people than come from Orlando. And we really appreciate the times when Orlando comes to Brevard!
Old 09-16-2008, 10:34 AM

Speedy, we you. Don't worry, I'll still be a meet regular even after having a baby and recovering. We'll see who complains about sitting in the S for a drive then.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Originally Posted by turbobunny,Sep 15 2008, 11:43 PM
Sorry this is upsetting everyone so much... Please don't take this personally... I tried to inject as much lightheartedness as possible into this with the "oil change" comment (notice the smiley?)

I felt that I made a valid suggestion supporting the CO by suggesting the Mimi's near Millenia which allows him to get what he wants and also be a little more convenient to the rest of Orlando. A more central location would be impartial.

You will notice that I have not said that I specifically want the meets on the West Side, or the East Side, North, or South... I felt I was being objective. I've just said central/equidistant location.

As another member (who shall remain nameless..hehe) mentioned previously:

7/31 Blue Martini Mall of Millenia (barely east of I4 but central orlando)
8/7 TF Winter Springs (NE Orlando)
8/14 Rockledge (East Coast Flo Rida)
8/21 North Orlando (duh)
8/28 Lake Mary (north orlando)
9/4 TF Winter Springs (NE orlando)
9/11 Waterford lakes (Way East orlando)
and now...
9/17 Altamonte Springs (north orlando)

I count 5 of 8 meets in North Orlando. None in Kissimmee and None to the west. If there is already a standing TF meet to the north, wouldn't it be a good idea to "spread the wealth" a little more? For example, perhaps a different corner each week?

I do hope that whoever deleted my earlier post allows this post to remain as food for thought... I really am NOT bashing the CO. When he said "I made it for Altamonte because alot of the people who regularly go to the meets live over here." I felt that wasn't fair to the rest of Orlando which is why I wrote what I wrote.

Well since I seemed to have pissed off a few folks, I'll bow out for now. Hope there are no hard feelings!

Thanks!
-J.J.
Of those meets you listed, I'd say 75% of those that attended, all came from the North/NorthEast side.

You want a meet on the South/North/West/Central side--make an effort to show up at the North/North East Side meets. If most of the people show up are from the North/North East Side area-why wouldn't Speedy hold a meet in that area?

One of the last meets I held, was on the west side in Clermont. People asked/PM'd for a meet on that side of town. There were 4, count'em 4 people, who showed up. 2 were from Brooksville, 1 from Gainesville and myself.

/end rant for the time being.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by zdave87,Sep 16 2008, 03:34 PM
You want a meet on the South/North/West/Central side--make an effort to show up at the North/North East Side meets. If most of the people show up are from the North/North East Side area-why wouldn't Speedy hold a meet in that area?
Perhaps to kick start some other members into coming?

I simply suggested Mimi's near Millenia. I'm only about 20 miles from Altamonte....
I never said I wouldn't have gone to the meet if it was in Altamonte. In fact I was planning on going regardless if it happened at Millenia or Altamonte. I travel heavily (2-3 weeks out of the month) for work and this was one of the only times since I've purchased the S that I'd be available to come out.

My oil change comment was a joke... please see the smiley!

But 20 miles for me is 40 miles for someone in Kissimmee..... I was simply trying to be fair to everyone. I'm sorry I'm not a regular who lives to the north... but even if I was I'd still agree that a more central location would be fair and balanced.

Using your logic of why wouldn't Speedy hold a meet in that area since most everyone is from there, then why even alternate at all? Why not just always have the meets there?

Again, all I wanted to do is suggest an alternative/convenient location that might also get other folks around Orlando excited about coming.

Thanks,
J.J.

Quick Reply: Orlando Weekly Meet 9-18-08 7:30pm