Orlando The I-4 Parking Lot

NOOO, I4 WHYYYY

Old 12-01-2013, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOOO, I4 WHYYYY

driving down i-4 west today, traffic was getting congested as always by the ivanhoe/colonial sideramp. so i took the sideramp to pass some of the traffic, and the car in front of me ran over a brick sized piece of metal that decided to launch from underneath his tire and hit my car. i have some bumper damage and a hood ding, no flat tire, no injuries, 100% drivable. but my god, am i sad and mad... i JUST got this car :'[
Old 12-01-2013, 02:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please tell me you weren't using an on/off ramp to pass traffic on the ramp, to then jump back into traffic at the end of it.

I spend probably 10 hours a week on I4 commuting to and from work, I cannot stand people that do that, it makes backups worse.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by ViperASR
Please tell me you weren't using an on/off ramp to pass traffic on the ramp, to then jump back into traffic at the end of it.

I spend probably 10 hours a week on I4 commuting to and from work, I cannot stand people that do that, it makes backups worse.
Got to agree if that was the case, karma for driving like an ass, plus you lucky someone didn't jump out I front of you. Drive smart
Old 12-02-2013, 03:43 AM

damn man that sux hope u get it fixed soon
Old 12-02-2013, 09:14 AM

i mean... i kind of understand where you're coming from, but its a 2 lane side ramp with a 50 mph limit that had 3 cars on it. i was not romping on it, i've had a check engine light, so i still havent gotten on this car like i would like to, i enjoy your assumptions. but assuming only makes an ass of you and me. i caused no congestion. as well as i didnt cause any harm to anyone else. anyone who knows this stretch should understand that when its open, it doesnt really make traffic any worse than it already was. florida drivers have people from other countries, states, road patterns that people simply just dont understand when 55 is 55, and theres really nothing going on in front of you. i really appreciate your concern. You're also welcome for the warning, in case you know maybe you were getting on ivanhoe yesterday, and we had another s2k that ate some metal trying to get on the on ramp. stuff happens, sometimes they can be unfortunate, and in this case. i know i was doing nothing wrong, and was in the wrong place at the wrong time. sorry for replying like this, but it kinda saddens me that the community would be like this when an s2k takes a whack in the body panel instead of the windshield with a strong possibility of that metal coming through the windshield at a combined speed of 100+ mph. i certainly hope nothing unfortunate happens to your car. and i also hope that if anything did, people wouldnt be trying to tell you everything you did wrong.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:27 AM

Sorry to hear of your damage.

Good reminder of the importance of following distance.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by limbo
Sorry to hear of your damage.

Good reminder of the importance of following distance.
this i will admit, i should have had a better distance, but i thought 3 car lengths was fine enough. i thought wrong... the city may pay for it.. it turned out it was a lead pipe in the road.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Originally Posted by thebugsarebad
driving down i-4 west today, traffic was getting congested as always by the ivanhoe/colonial sideramp. so i took the sideramp to pass some of the traffic, and the car in front of me ran over a brick sized piece of metal that decided to launch from underneath his tire and hit my car. i have some bumper damage and a hood ding, no flat tire, no injuries, 100% drivable. but my god, am i sad and mad... i JUST got this car :'[
Just an FYI but Orlando PD and Florida Highway Patrol love to laser cars speeding on that section.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by zdave87
Originally Posted by thebugsarebad' timestamp='1385936687' post='22902504
Just an FYI but Orlando PD and Florida Highway Patrol love to laser cars speeding on that section.
not a concern, I wasn't speeding. I save it for the track.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Originally Posted by thebugsarebad
Originally Posted by zdave87' timestamp='1386026115' post='22904141
[quote name='thebugsarebad' timestamp='1385936687' post='22902504']
not a concern, I wasn't speeding. I save it for the track.
[/quote]

Speed limit is 50mph at that location- it's very easy to go a lot faster on that stretch of road.

Quick Reply: NOOO, I4 WHYYYY