Orlando The I-4 Parking Lot

iPod

Old 01-12-2010, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod

Can someone give me a part number to an inexpensive iPod adapter for a 2008 S? I see so many different ones I want to easiest and cheapest one.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought an ipod cable from my 04 radio on ebay for 50 bucks and it charges it too, but i havent seen anything for ther 06+ radios.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:41 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

don't the newer ones have a AUX plug in the back of the radio? If so that would be your cheapest way, it will be like 5-10 bucks for a AUX plug at walmart. But it won't charge your phone.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alpine iDA series head unit with a modifry plug-n-play harness is the option you'll be happiest with.

Obviously not the cheapest option, but it will work perfectly AND your stereo will sound much better.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:16 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Mother is right.

An after-market head unit is the option you'll want to go with. The Alpine IDA line is a great choice. If you still want to listen to cd's, you may want to check out the Kenwood Excelon series headunits as the Alpine IDA's do not play those shiny discs, (cd's).

Last week, I purchased 2 Kenwood Excelon KDC-X493's. One for my company truck and one for my son's Civic.

Like the Alpine, it has-24 bit digital to analog converters. It has 4 volt pre-amp outs for future external amp expandability. It will also play mp3 cd's. You can also put your music on a jump drive and use its' usb input. Or you can plug your ipod in the usb slot or front aux input. You can control your ipod from the ipod itself or on the faceplate. The latter, like many units, takes some time to master. You can also add bluetooth, hd radio or satellite radio modules at a later time.

If you want to use your factory dash controls, you'll need a Modifry control interface. I'm old school and still like to tune with my right hand.

For aftermarket head units, I strongly recommend Crutchfield. Their customer service is second to none. I have used their 30 day price guarantee this week. They include detailed instructions for the car specific. They will give you a free wiring harness. A free installation kit. And free 2 day shipping on select items.

An aftermarket head unit will give you much better sound than a simple ipod interface adapter device which will probably cost you about $120-$140 anyways.

Good Luck,
David
Old 01-13-2010, 11:14 AM

I bought this one for my s2000 from this company on eBay:
Adapter

It was simple, works fine, and cheap. My ipod nano charges and it plugs into the aux plug in the back of the head unit. The volume control on the left works, but to advance/pause/play/stop you still have to use the control on the ipod.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:17 AM

^^^ thats what i have.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:20 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by paha koira,Jan 13 2010, 04:14 PM
I bought this one for my s2000 from this company on eBay:
Adapter

It was simple, works fine, and cheap. My ipod nano charges and it plugs into the aux plug in the back of the head unit. The volume control on the left works, but to advance/pause/play/stop you still have to use the control on the ipod.
Good info. Also good to see others happy with it!
Old 01-15-2010, 09:54 AM

Recommendation for the alpine ida series. I've had the entry-level ida-x100 for almost a year and it's amazing. The navigation through music is easier than using the actual ipod controls, imo.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:32 AM

How do the Alpine iDA series work with the iPhone and things that are not within the iPod functionality?

For instance, what if I want to listen to Pandora or Stitcher? On my girlfriend's head unit, I have to start a regular song through the iPod portion of the iPhone and then go into Pandora to trick it. Is it the same with these?

Also, where does the USB plug in? Is it on the front of the head unit, or does a cable come from the back?

Finally, what are the real differences between the models?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: iPod