Orlando The I-4 Parking Lot

Hardtop Help

Old 11-30-2009, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardtop Help

Hey guys. I'm trying to find a feasible price for a hardtop installed in Orlando. This is a result of an attempted seat theft and two cuts into our softtop. I did a search and contacted another member that had one installed at Courtesy and am awaiting a reply. Holler wants the ridiculous price of $4500 installed (robbery). Right now, it looks like the best option is to order from HTG, but the problem still lies in installation. Any advice? Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:57 AM

HTG is your best option, he will travel to install ask him (Jeff) about it.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Indyana,Nov 30 2009, 10:57 AM
HTG is your best option, he will travel to install ask him (Jeff) about it.
I believe he only will travel up to 600 miles. From Ohio, it's nearly twice that.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will take an hour to install, i just did mine for the very first time, very simple. Let me know im in orlando.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:21 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the oem hardtop. I have had it for almost two years. I have never taken it off. It isn't hard to install, you just need two people.

Check with Classic Honda on W. Colonial. I ordered mine back then for $2700. They first gave me a Laguna Blue, I freaked. 10 days later, the NFR arrived.

If you are getting the hardtop as a theft deterrent, it may help. Hopefully you have a good after market alarm installed. Proximity detection is a must with paging options preferred.

If I can be of any assistance let me know.
Thraaak
Old 11-30-2009, 04:19 PM

Thanks for the help guys. Theft deterrent is a benefit, but noise reduction, aesthetics, and increased visibility would be the main reasons. Besides, it would be ridiculous to keep replacing the softtop. I may just take on the install myself. It's just easier to place blame on the dealership should something go wrong. I'll check out Classic. $3400 shipped is still a bit steep.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:18 PM

Just hope you have a good after market alarm because soft tops are cheaper to replace than hardtops!

Thraak
Old 11-30-2009, 06:21 PM

Point taken, and must avoid parking garages.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:26 PM

It's going to look sharp in Berlina Black. Let us know if you need any help.

One bit of advice if you get the oem:

The hardtop kit comes with a pair of striker blocks. These are atop your windshield where the strikers clip into. Install these.

When I installed my hardtop, I thought they were exactly like the striker blocks that the soft top went into. So, I snugged up my hardtop and after a couple of months, I was getting some rattling. I tried the shin-etsu grease but the only thing that really helped was turning up the music.

The other day, I took a closer look at the striker blocks that came with the hardtop and they are a couple of millimeters shorter than the striker blocks that are used for the convertible. Well, I installed them and I am now so snug that I can travel Thornton Park's bumpy brick streets without a rattle, creak, or squeak.

I still like to keep the music up though,
Thraak
Old 12-01-2009, 04:36 AM

That's great advice. I'll see what comes out of this. Thraak, I take it you installed the top yourself then?

Quick Reply: Hardtop Help