Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Stolen S2000

Old 03-10-2011, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MegaPower
You cannot joy ride without the key.
If they manage to start the car, they must want it so bad.
I never see a real stolen S2000 story with proof of picture yet. Where's the "each one of our member"?
Really? There has been several theft of local member's car but not as of late. I believe last year and the year before that there was a string of missing S's. Search the forum maybe you'll find them =) All since you were member here...
Old 03-10-2011, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by S2Kme
Really? There has been several theft of local member's car but not as of late. I believe last year and the year before that there was a string of missing S's. Search the forum maybe you'll find them =) All since you were member here...
I didn't check out the local board until I moved here on Jan.
I do search the s2ki in general but can't find any story with proven pic says the car got stolen.
I saw a few missing S story in Cali but they were tow away by towing company only and they were recovered.
This is horrible in portland since we are not a big town.

I hope insurance will cover this for a good amount of $.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:22 AM

Insurance will only cover what is owed on the car if what Tony owe is more than the value of the car.... They might pay for the add on parts if there are receipts coverage for add ons that Tony did.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:23 PM

Tony that sucks! Will keep my eyes open for your parts!

You post in Seattle yet?
Old 03-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomoizle
Insurance will only cover what is owed on the car if what Tony owe is more than the value of the car.... They might pay for the add on parts if there are receipts coverage for add ons that Tony did.
It isn't even that good unfortunately

Insurance will only cover what the car is WORTH, less his deductible.
If he owes more than the car is worth, he is responsible for that extra cost himself (which is why GAP insurance is often pushed by car salesmen).
The nice thing is that depending on condition (he's done a lot of work replacing parts, etc), WORTH is not a static number. He can negotiate with his insurance on what actual value is before they cut a check.

We'll all be keeping an eye out Tony.
I've got my as I'm sure we all do.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:29 PM

As far as security there was nothing on it. I never in my mind thought this could happen to me or in a small community like Portland metro.

As far at the condition of the car it was in excellent condition. I got the car just last Thursday back from the body shop after being there 4 weeks getting worked on, I got most all dings fixed and entire car re sprayed so entire paint didn't have one single rock chip or scratch. everything was shaved on both bumpers and trunk. I just had put the wheels on it this Tuesday after financing some new tires. As far as bolt on's it only had a comptech intake and invidia exhaust and sat on h&r springs, Cr lip, brand new soft top and clear side markers. Insurance said they'll pay out what the car is worth here in Portland area which I'm thinking 14-16k, I owe just a tad under that so in the end I am left with nothing!!!!!!! I was trying so hard to put everything together for this Saturdays meet but guess someone had a different idea. This car was just about all I had and now nothing, wont even have enough to put money down on a new car.

if anyone out there knows any information on these piece of shits ( since it couldnt have been a one man job) it would be much appreciated!
Old 03-10-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sabre
It isn't even that good unfortunately

Insurance will only cover what the car is WORTH, less his deductible.
If he owes more than the car is worth, he is responsible for that extra cost himself (which is why GAP insurance is often pushed by car salesmen).
The nice thing is that depending on condition (he's done a lot of work replacing parts, etc), WORTH is not a static number. He can negotiate with his insurance on what actual value is before they cut a check.

We'll all be keeping an eye out Tony.
I've got my as I'm sure we all do.
Right
Always negotiate with the insurance company, you may be lucky if your insurance consider aftermarket parts.
Even thought they don't take aftermarket part, I had a good success on asking them to put my car in TOP condition hence getting paid more.
Let us know if you need any help.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:10 PM

I might be suspicious of the body shop.

People see your car there - they have a chance to check it out. They make a copy of your key while it is in the shop. Then do their own shopping later....

I'm really sorry to hear about this, Tony!
Old 03-10-2011, 02:30 PM

This absolutely BLOWS!!!!!

I hope you catch the rat bastards!!!!

My first thought was along the lines of Larry's. Give the body shop and the 'hanger-ons' around the shop a close scrutiny.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:54 PM

I was browsing the Seattle Thread and saw the words Stolen S2000 on the Oregon Thread. So sorry dude. You should repost this thread with some pics and specs on WA thread so we can keep our eyes open. Car theives are nothing but cowards sneaking up on people and taking their hard earned work I hope they get caught.

Quick Reply: Stolen S2000