Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Portland Auto Show Sat. Jan. 28th

Old 01-25-2006, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Portland Auto Show Sat. Jan. 28th

I was just wondering if anybody here was attending this saturday by chance? I am a newbie and will be going to this event saturday and thought if any S2K owners were going id meet up with you. Just a thought.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't even know about it
Old 01-26-2006, 11:47 AM

what time are you gonna be there?
Old 01-26-2006, 12:22 PM

i will be up there around 10-11. Meet up with some old buddies. Then i will go to the show. But i need to get my throttle body back here before i go anywhere. If i don't get it in time i will post here on friday and let u guys know. But i should be getting it back tommorow.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:34 PM

Hey I'll drive up there with you! Hit me up if you're down.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:35 PM

Whoops didn't realize it was this Saturday: I'm busy.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:05 PM

i think its starts friday, i am going to try and head down there tomorrow night after work.

the gun show is this weekend too at expo
Old 01-26-2006, 11:44 PM

Gun show?! This isn't the F-150 forum.

Do you guys know what makers are supposed to be at this show? How nice should it be? I'm trying to make my decision and right now it's Portland Auto Show vs. studying for accounting exam on Tuesday.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:53 AM

I went to the auto show last night. It was not a very good show at all. There were only about 5 exotic cars, these ar the only ones worth seeing, and they are off to the left side when you ehnter so you don't even have to pay to see those There is a Saleen, 3 or so ferraris, a vector, a diablo, and a couple lotuses. The have one of the older Exiges which is cool, and in my oppinion looks better than the new ones, and also weighs about 500lbs less while putting out 20hp more They have the new Saturn and Pontial roadsters, so bring a barf bag, at least for the pontiac one, the saturn looks pretty nice but still only does 0-60 in 7.2 seconds according to the rep with the mic. All in all Portland shows are not very exciting, we don't get many if any at all concepts, they had the dodge nitro (SUV) and the toyota SJ(SUV). Mercedes locked their AMG cars so you can't even see inside, and there was no SLR. The M roadster is back in the Z4 form but sports the standard M3 3.2L motor and not hte V10 out of the M5 as some people thought, also the looks of the new M roadster are pretty much the same as the standard Z4, no extra power bulges or flared fenders . There was a GT40 in the ford booth but it really wasn't that impresive in person. Couple new corvettes, surrounded by guys with nascar t-shirts and the smell of B.O. I brought my camera to the show but foundmyself wondering what would really be worth taking pics of. I took pice of the exotics, so I'll post those later. Just though it'd give you guys an idea of the show
Old 01-27-2006, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Black2001S2K,Jan 27 2006, 08:53 AM
I went to the auto show last night. It was not a very good show at all. There were only about 5 exotic cars, these ar the only ones worth seeing, and they are off to the left side when you ehnter so you don't even have to pay to see those There is a Saleen, 3 or so ferraris, a vector, a diablo, and a couple lotuses. The have one of the older Exiges which is cool, and in my oppinion looks better than the new ones, and also weighs about 500lbs less while putting out 20hp more They have the new Saturn and Pontial roadsters, so bring a barf bag, at least for the pontiac one, the saturn looks pretty nice but still only does 0-60 in 7.2 seconds according to the rep with the mic. All in all Portland shows are not very exciting, we don't get many if any at all concepts, they had the dodge nitro (SUV) and the toyota SJ(SUV). Mercedes locked their AMG cars so you can't even see inside, and there was no SLR. The M roadster is back in the Z4 form but sports the standard M3 3.2L motor and not hte V10 out of the M5 as some people thought, also the looks of the new M roadster are pretty much the same as the standard Z4, no extra power bulges or flared fenders . There was a GT40 in the ford booth but it really wasn't that impresive in person. Couple new corvettes, surrounded by guys with nascar t-shirts and the smell of B.O. I brought my camera to the show but foundmyself wondering what would really be worth taking pics of. I took pice of the exotics, so I'll post those later. Just though it'd give you guys an idea of the show
Ok thanks for letting me know ... you helped make my decision: studying accounting on Saturday. What were the Ferraris? Those are the only ones I would go to see

Quick Reply: Portland Auto Show Sat. Jan. 28th