Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

New to Portland

Old 02-08-2007, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New to Portland

Hey there S2K community of Oregon. I just recently moved up here from Huntington Beach CA and I was wondering if you hold meets up here or go on spirited group drives through the local mountain roads. I have seen a few clean S2000's up here but they a far and few in between. I wonder if this is because it's winter and people are keeping them garaged.?. I noticed that everyone and there mom does drive a subaru though. The surroundings are different and it's a bit colder up here but for the most part I think I can call this place home.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:46 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by braniamal20,Feb 8 2007, 11:37 AM
I just recently moved up here from Huntington Beach CA
I wouldn't advertise that if I were you. Nothing wrong with HB, I grew up there MANY years ago, but you might want to get your plates changed ASAP.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by braniamal20,Feb 8 2007, 10:37 AM
Hey there S2K community of Oregon. I just recently moved up here from Huntington Beach CA and I was wondering if you hold meets up here or go on spirited group drives through the local mountain roads. I have seen a few clean S2000's up here but they a far and few in between. I wonder if this is because it's winter and people are keeping them garaged.?. I noticed that everyone and there mom does drive a subaru though. The surroundings are different and it's a bit colder up here but for the most part I think I can call this place home.
How ya doing man

We will have one drive a month planned from April to September this year. Some of them are already posted as threads in this forum. There are some people that daily drive their S through the winter but there are a lot that garage them or limit the driving in the winter. We also have a dinner meet planned every month. This saturday is one actually. You should try to make it out and meet some of the local members

Look forward to meeting you at one of the meets soon. If you have any questions all the guys on here are really friendly and helpful so don't be shy

Later,

Brandon

PS- Don't forget to post in the local listings sticky thread to let us know more about you and your S
Old 02-08-2007, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by braniamal20,Feb 8 2007, 10:37 AM
I noticed that everyone and there mom does drive a subaru though.
lol, oregonians do love their subaru's, that's for sure. That is one of the first things I noticed when I moved up here from norcal, subaru's are all over the place up here.

Welcome to the forum btw
Old 02-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If not a subaru, an audi. Cant turn around without seeing one.

Welcome to Oregon, Braniamal20.

Try not to take it too personal when you say you're from Cali and get dirty looks from people
Old 02-08-2007, 06:23 PM

Welcome to the area!!

PDX is a great place to live.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sabre,Feb 8 2007, 07:09 PM
Try not to take it too personal when you say you're from Cali and get dirty looks from people
I get dirty looks all the time when I say im Canadian, so it will be no different for you..
Old 02-09-2007, 07:21 AM

Subaru's and Oregonians do have a soft side for each other Here's mine:

Brandon
Old 02-09-2007, 09:43 AM

welcome!
Old 02-09-2007, 03:05 PM

WOW the response to my post was more than expected! Thank you all for the warm Oregonian welcome. I actually purchased this car new from Gresham honda. My other S2 is still in CA so the plates will stay the same. I personally am an all season driver so being able to experience different seasons is a blast to me. Instead of the always warm So Cal. I would be honored to have dinner with the group tomorrow evening. Just send me the time and location and i will make it a point to be there. Thanks again everyone for making me feel welcome in your home

Quick Reply: New to Portland