Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Late Spring 2010 – Victoria 3-Day Drive

Old 01-25-2010, 07:48 PM
G

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ferry Reservations made.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything is ready, except the return ferry trip . Now all there is to do is what for a great trip!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This looks like an awesome trip.

Just an heads up, the last time I took the ferry to Queen V with my family, I remember hitting some big bumps entering and exiting the ferry, but this was a few years ago, not sure if its still the case.

For the folks whom are slightly lower than stock might want to consider bringing a couple piece of wood blocks to help get your car in and out of the ferry. Might not need it, but just in case, you'll never know.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:19 PM

I am lowered and have no problems.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:36 PM

Please put me down for this. Its pending on if i can get that saturday off.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:04 AM

I would like to offer that if you can afford the ride up here and are on the bubble about hotels, let me know. There are lots of hotels/motels in various ranges, some a little ways out of the main downtown core but I would be willing to make sure everyone gets to where they need to go.

If you can't afford the high-tea or things like that, the island contingent will certainly take you around and show you the sights (not in the tourist fashion, we will cruz). There is quite a lot to do and see so I know that most of you want to come up and see the main attractions but you can walk through the Empress for free, there is so much going on in the inner harbor that is free. So if you can afford the trip and the ferry, don't sweat it, I am willing to spend the weekend showing some of you around that don't want to get caught up in the tourist mode. Happy to do it.

Looking forward to meeting up with you all. We will have someone meet you at the ferry terminal (it is kind of small) and then we can meet up with the rest of the crew that are coming in a nicer spot.

I have started a thread in the Vancouver Island forum and the Vancouver forum to see who wants to come over for the Saturday ride out highway 14.

The hotels mentioned above all are pretty good and are all about 15 minutes from one another. I can get the names of some other hotels but I would say you are looking at between 60-150 for a moderate hotel price in a good area upwards to $500.00 for a very nice room at the Empress or other Luxury hotels in the inner harbor area, and the food is spectacular. There is a Keg just up from the Empress Hotel and many seafood establishments as well. If you like I can get some pricing from some other hotels that are a bit farther from the inner harbor but remember those are CDN funds so you already get a discount..., lol

Looking forward to meeting up with you guys and gals..., take care and everyone drive safe. Oh and yes you do need a passport, I don't think you need one to get into Canada but you will need one to get back to the US. See you in May!

Dave
Vi S2Ki CO
Old 02-27-2010, 10:22 AM

our summers are freakin awesome in victoria btw it's always nice and warm and sunny out!
Old 02-28-2010, 08:32 AM

As of today you can now make your Washington State Ferry reservations for our return leg - Sidney, BC to Anacortes, WA.

You will want the 12:00 pm ferry sailing on Monday, May 24.

Reservations can be made: Here

Old 02-28-2010, 08:57 AM

Return trip reservation made! I will be able to get us home! Not that I wouldn't mind staying in Victoria for a longer stay!

Can't wait for this trip!!!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:24 AM

Reservations made!

Very much looking forward to this trip.

Best,

Dave and Janice

Quick Reply: Late Spring 2010 – Victoria 3-Day Drive