Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Gorge Drive + Stonehenge + Edgefield

Old 05-08-2006, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Edgefield is in Troutdale, right???

Have you guys done this drive before? What path do you usually take. I will probably find a hotel to stay in somewhere out there depending on the route we take. I am guessing we will just go out I-84.

kpxguy411 you are in Eugene right?? I could use a reason to drive through the Mckenzie pass over to Eugene(fun drive). If you are going to go, I could meet you in Eugene and we could drive up to Portland from there Let me know.

Meeting place in Portland???

Sorry if I am getting too ahead, but I am like a little kid and his new hotwheel. I have wanted to go for a cruise in the S since I got it I missed the beach drive so I want to make sure I don't miss this one
Old 05-08-2006, 03:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bz2005s2k,May 8 2006, 02:11 PM
Edgefield is in Troutdale, right???

Have you guys done this drive before? What path do you usually take. I will probably find a hotel to stay in somewhere out there depending on the route we take. I am guessing we will just go out I-84.

kpxguy411 you are in Eugene right?? I could use a reason to drive through the Mckenzie pass over to Eugene(fun drive). If you are going to go, I could meet you in Eugene and we could drive up to Portland from there Let me know.

Meeting place in Portland???

Sorry if I am getting too ahead, but I am like a little kid and his new hotwheel. I have wanted to go for a cruise in the S since I got it I missed the beach drive so I want to make sure I don't miss this one
Yes, it is in Troutdale. Me and Justin live about 1 minute from there, and in a perfect location to meet @ the start of the drive. I am going to go for a drive between now and then and pick a route to take (or I might just map it, I have driven those roads many times), we will stop at crown point for a photo op for sure, maybe multnomah falls if anyone is interested? I would almost prefer to take the back roads up and back rather than I84 as that freeway is way boring

Let me know what you guys think
Old 05-08-2006, 03:09 PM

Sounds like you know the roads so I'm cool with whatever you come up with

True, I-84 is pretty boring, until you go way further out. Is there any good places to stay near Edgefield?
Old 05-09-2006, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can stay actually at edgefield. They have a hotel there. Its a total hippy hotel but its pretty cool.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by 05sdeuce,May 9 2006, 07:26 AM
you can stay actually at edgefield. They have a hotel there. Its a total hippy hotel but its pretty cool.
Oh yeah thats right

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 05-09-2006, 08:03 AM

I agree that the freeway would be boring.

Why not take the old scenic highway up to Crown Point and the falls and then head on out the freeway to Hood River.

At Hood River we could cross over the river to Bingen/White Salmon and come back down the river on Washington Hwy 14 to Vancouver.

Or, at Hood River we could take Hwy 35 to Mt. Hood and return on Hwy 26.

If you wanted to make a longer drive, we could cross over to Hwy 14 at Hood River and travel East on Hwy. 14. Near Maryhill is the Stonehenge replica which might make for an interesting photo-op.

Larry
Old 05-09-2006, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by VintageMac,May 9 2006, 09:03 AM
I agree that the freeway would be boring.

Why not take the old scenic highway up to Crown Point and the falls and then head on out the freeway to Hood River.

At Hood River we could cross over the river to Bingen/White Salmon and come back down the river on Washington Hwy 14 to Vancouver.

Or, at Hood River we could take Hwy 35 to Mt. Hood and return on Hwy 26.

If you wanted to make a longer drive, we could cross over to Hwy 14 at Hood River and travel East on Hwy. 14. Near Maryhill is the Stonehenge replica which might make for an interesting photo-op.

Larry
Yeah, I was thinking of possibly starting off crossing 205 into vancouver and taking 14 up to the bridge of the gods and then coming back on the historic hwy which would put us right at edgefield I will look at all the options and maybe post them up when I get some time with maps.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:35 AM

I am going to set the 17th for the date, should we plan for our normal 12 noon meet time?
Old 05-09-2006, 08:40 AM

June 17th at noon sounds good to me

Once we get a route planned we can set a meeting place
Old 05-10-2006, 05:49 AM

I agree 12 noon at hte backside of the Chevron.........

Quick Reply: Gorge Drive + Stonehenge + Edgefield