Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Getting Gas in Oregon

Old 10-02-2009, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting Gas in Oregon

By now, most of you know what a fan I am of getting gas in Oregon...NOT!!!

So now that it is illegal for them to try to top of the tank, I thought that it may be a little better...NOT!!!

I decided to pre-drive our drive on Thursday to check the roads out. I started at our starting point and thought that I would gas up first, I stopped at the Chevron station and asked them to fill it up, reminded them to NOT top off the tank, even though I knew that they can't do it any more. And instead of topping off the tank and spilling gas on my car, he spilled gas on my car taking the hose out. But it was just a little spill, so I just told him to be careful next time and drove off.

Towards the end of the drive I decided to refill my tank in Sandy, OR as I was only had 2 lines left, so I pulled into a gas station in Sandy. The guy went to fill my tank then walked away to start another customer, as I turned around I saw gas spewing all over my car, it was coming out like Old Faithful, and I yelled for him as I pulled the hose away from my car, the gas was spewing so high it went up and over my trunk and it was all over the back end of my car, and he said "oh, we've been having problems with this hose", I asked why he didn't tell me and why I have to pay for 2 gallons of gas that didn't make it's way into my tank, and all he had to say was "welcome to Oregon lady". I was steaming mad, then he proceeds to try to wipe it off with one of those hard blue paper towels. I told him to stop and what he was going to do about charging me gas that didn't get in my tank and he started yelling at me and kicked me off the property.

If I didn't have a friend in my car with me, I think I would have started a fight. I don't think I've ever been so mad.

Let me say this again. I hate filling my gas tank in Oregon.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:43 PM

I totally agree. I was just in cali for 2 weeks and it was great filling my own tank it also went by so much faster.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't it bizarre that pumping our own gas is a convenience? It also creeps me out when someone else pumps my gas. And has it crossed anyone's mind that they have this job because they essentially can't do anything else? And we're trusting them to not blow us up? Or do thousands of dollars of damage to our personal belongings?
Old 10-03-2009, 07:32 AM

Thats sucks.. Lucky for me I get most of my gas from a local place and they when I pump my gas ..... I do have that over fill problem with my jeep but, spilled gas in my jeep usually doesn't make me want to fight a b_tch....... Sorry for your bad luck
Old 10-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Community OrganizerModerator

Received 67 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by boostftw,Oct 3 2009, 12:43 AM
I totally agree. I was just in cali for 2 weeks and it was great filling my own tank it also went by so much faster.
So much better.

I know and feel your pain Amy. Sorry to hear.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:06 PM
G

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I just never let them take the hose out -
Old 10-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I never have had an issue, but I do know if you make a big deal about it, you can pump your own anyway. Just tell them it's an expensive paint job or something (or just tell them you dont trust them) and do it yourself.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:25 PM
G

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

With all the problems that Amy has with gas stations in Oregon, I am wondering if Gas Station Workers in Oregon just don't like Amy for some reason?
Old 10-03-2009, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that Amy that's lame. I hate we can't pump our own gas here. Most of the time tehy forget to put my cap on all the way.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by nv_blitz,Oct 3 2009, 09:36 PM
Sorry to hear that Amy that's lame. I hate we can't pump our own gas here. Most of the time tehy forget to put my cap on all the way.
They forgot to screw the gas cap on wrx all the way and I had a check engine light on for a week.

Quick Reply: Getting Gas in Oregon