Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Which dealer to go to for repairs?

Old 01-21-2005, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ron Tonkin dealerships are alot more customer service oriented than Bob Lanpheres... Though I haven't been out to RT Honda specifically. If my 1-2 grind gets any worse or my clutch gives out I will be going there. Hond of St. Johns has AWESOME customer service but they are a very small dealership and frankly there service dept looked a little ghetto.

Good luck! Let us know how everything turns out.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by driftinap1,Jan 21 2005, 01:20 PM
...you must be talking about Andy that had a black turboed s, right?
Not that I have a monopoly on turbocharging an S, but if he was forced induction, I believe it must have been a supercharger. I've not run into any turbo'd S2Ks in the PacNW save one hack job from the Seattle area...

As for St. John's Honda, I've never dealt with the service department (although perhaps I might given Primo's favorable review), but I can tell you that their PARTS department is among the grumpiest, least friendly folks I've met. I buy a LOT of hardware, and they're just across the river from us, and I've yet to be treated with anything more than indifference.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:33 AM

Andy had a custom Turbo that he and others built for his berlina S2000. It ended up getting repo'd from what I hear... Business wasn't doing so well and he started to slip on the payments. He did have typical problems with the ECU but it was a VERY fast car.

As for St. John's Honda, I've never dealt with the service department (although perhaps I might given Primo's favorable review), but I can tell you that their PARTS department is among the grumpiest, least friendly folks I've met. I buy a LOT of hardware, and they're just across the river from us, and I've yet to be treated with anything more than indifference.
That's too bad... Beaverton Honda's parts dept is very helpful for the most part. There is an older guy there that doesn't know his head from his ass but everyone else is top notch! If it's just parts your picking up though, you likely don't want to make a trek all the way to Beaverton. I do have an account there if anyone needs the 20% discount.... <-- Good for larger $ parts!!!
Old 01-22-2005, 02:53 PM

Man I wish Honda service department is as good as the Acura's. It's a shame that for the money that we paid for the car (brand new), you can't find a service that is decent enough to make the purchase worthwhile.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:49 PM

^ Agreed...
My bottom of the barrel Integra R had a better warranty and a great dealership to serve me. My more expensive top of the line Honda S2000 gets no respect :rodneydangerfield:
Old 01-22-2005, 05:05 PM

I made the appointment for my car today. I'll keep you guys posted, it goes in on tuesday. Andy's S was turboed and built with alot of stuff from home depot That thing was fast too. I don't know how the computer kept up with it though but from what I heard it was pushing about 16 psi. Anyways, I hope we found our new warranty spot. I will let you guys know on tuesday.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:40 PM

Well I got my car back, and the response was that my exhaust is the cause of the buzz, and the other side of the exhaust is causing the vibration. They were very nice though... I guess I'll try with a new exhaust or maybe no exhaust to see if the vibration is there. What do you guys think? Also, is there a difference in power between the dual exhaust and single exhaust?
Old 01-25-2005, 07:18 PM

There's no power difference between a single and dual exhaust. The split happens too far downstream and the pipes are the same size after the split, so eliminating one exhaust will not impose any constraints or increase backpressure. There's no evidence that any exhaust will add significantly to power, so it's purely a matter of auditory preferences and style, unless you're forced induction.

CB
Old 01-25-2005, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by driftinap1,Jan 25 2005, 06:40 PM
Well I got my car back, and the response was that my exhaust is the cause of the buzz, and the other side of the exhaust is causing the vibration. They were very nice though... I guess I'll try with a new exhaust or maybe no exhaust to see if the vibration is there. What do you guys think? Also, is there a difference in power between the dual exhaust and single exhaust?
Sorry to hear you did not have the issue fixed.... pending it isn't the exhaust that is causing the problem - maybe that is the problem... Definitely put a stock exhaust on and see if that fixes the issue. What aftermarket unit do you have?

Single exhausts typically yield a few more ponies than the dual setups on S2000's. IMO they don't look as good- if my car were a dedicated track car I would consider the Spoon, Amuse, or J's single.

I will likely stay stock as I prefer the look of the OEM exhaust compared to aftermarket. If I get an itch it will be the Fujitsubo dual for me.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by PrimoAP1,Jan 25 2005, 08:22 PM
If I get an itch it will be the Fujitsubo dual for me.
this is what I'm getting soon. Cant wait

Quick Reply: Which dealer to go to for repairs?