Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Can't you pump your own gas anywhere in the state!

Old 05-16-2007, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't you pump your own gas anywhere in the state!

How do you guys handle it? How to prevent the attendant from scratching or overfilling spilling on the paint or not clicking the gas cap thrice (CEL is not fun to look at).

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I rarely have trouble with the attendants. I'm always right there watching them and I think they realize it's a nicer car so they rarely ever do it badly. If it ever seems like they wont, I simply comment and ask them to watch the nozzle.

On that same vein, it costs basically the same here as it does in WA, and I get to sit in my car where it is warm and dry when it is raining/snowing.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only times you can pump your own gas in OR is at the card lock stations (Pacific Pride and the like) or if you are running diesel, which I hope you don't intend to do on your S.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:59 PM

or if your on a motorcycle, never had any attendant even try to pump my gas, can't say I'd reach between another man's legs to fill his tank if I was an attendant either :lol

It does actually bother me I can't pump my own gas here, nothing more frustrating than waiting for the gas to start pumping, then waiting when it's done... I am a very impatient person.... and I did have one attendant spill all down the side of my car when it was only one month old... the price I paid for going to far south in our state.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by PDX S2000,May 16 2007, 03:59 PM
or if your on a motorcycle, never had any attendant even try to pump my gas, can't say I'd reach between another man's legs to fill his tank if I was an attendant either :lol

They always just hand me the nozzle and walk off without a word.
Works for me, until I end up stuck sitting waiting for them to come back (too lazy to get off the bike I guess).

One attendant told me that they can still get in trouble if they let you do it ALL. They are supposed to handle the nozzle from the pump and back or they (the station) could get fined?
Dunno if he was feeding me a line or not.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sabre,May 16 2007, 04:49 PM

They always just hand me the nozzle and walk off without a word.
Works for me, until I end up stuck sitting waiting for them to come back (too lazy to get off the bike I guess).

One attendant told me that they can still get in trouble if they let you do it ALL. They are supposed to handle the nozzle from the pump and back or they (the station) could get fined?
Dunno if he was feeding me a line or not.
Nope, it is true that they can get fined in the wonderful state of Oregon. They are really not supposed to let you even touch the pump.

The last four or five times I have gone to fill up here in town I just did it myself. The guy finally said something the third time and I respectfully said "I would really rather to this myself because the last time they dripped all over the side of my car" I go to the same place all the time so they just let me do it myself now but they can get fined for it

I hate this state
Old 05-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

lol wtf.. we dont have this in san antonio
Old 05-17-2007, 07:02 AM

txs - I think we're one of only 2 states... or are we the only state? It's ridiculous. It's been voted on many times and oregon's population has upheld the current laws.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:32 AM
Community Organizer

Oregon and New Jersey are the only ones.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:39 AM

Oh no, OR has something in common with NJ!

Quick Reply: Can't you pump your own gas anywhere in the state!