Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Another D & D for September

Old 09-19-2007 | 11:43 AM

Rain-or-shine! We still have to eat.

And, it will get us ready for winter........
Old 09-19-2007 | 11:49 AM

kool..see all u guys there.

mike
Old 09-22-2007 | 07:46 PM

I had a really great time today guys and it's been nice meeting and chit chatting with everybody again. Also the food at that Italian restaurant was excellent and the scenery was spectacular . Also thank you for the gift Larry . So I'll see you guys again on the next D&D S2000 meeting.

Marc
Old 09-22-2007 | 10:46 PM

It was a GREAT TIME! The weather turned out to be perfect. The tunnels...what can I say, except "Marc...you owned them baby!".
Old 09-23-2007 | 08:13 AM

I didn't know if driving in a caravan of like vehicles would be fun or Just Odd. Turns out it wasn't fun - it was FUN! The drive back on Highway 14 yesterday was a total delight. (Please tell me I earned my stripes as a newbie by managing to keep up with your flying fenders through those twisty - and super-twisty - curves.)

Leanne and I very much enjoyed having dinner with you all. Thanks to Larry for coordinating the drive, scoping out such a good restaurant. And thanks to Larry & Debbie for the appetizers! Very generous of you. I NEVER thought I'd meet people because of a car, but it seems like great car = great people.

(Aaron, do you really live in Redmond? Did you really drive all the way up here to drive all the way over there to drive all the way back to Redmond? You must be half crazy.) (I kinda like that in a person....)
Old 09-23-2007 | 09:37 AM
Community Organizer
15 Year Member

Another wonderful drive as always. Great choice of food too, Larry/Debbie!
I always enjoy being able to sit with everyone and chitchat over good food (and it was really really good).

It was great meeting you and Leanne, Jim. Just make sure to keep coming!
And yes, I live in Bend, actually. I just enjoy driving the S as much as possible. I have no problems getting up at 3am to be at a drive at 7. Just more roadtime for me. I've racked up about 35k miles in nearly 2 years of ownership.

Speaking of the drive back to Central Oregon....we should put a plan for next year to do a drive near the Maupin area. That road was SO much fun heading home last night! Talk about lonely highway.
Old 09-24-2007 | 06:13 PM

Hi all. .. Yes it WAS a fun drive! .. Thanks to all who attended. .. And, yes, it is a tough job finding all the great Italian restaurants....but someone's got to do it! .. Debbie and I are up to the task (for the good of the group, of course).

Aaron did a great job of getting us to The Dalles without raising the ire of the state police. ..Amy did an equally great job of leading us back to Portland. ..What do you do when you are stuck behind slow traffic, Amy ? .. SLOW down so you can GO FAST! ..(Amy learned that one on the Mt. St. Helens drive).

Jim you did a fine job of keeping up with the pack for your first drive. Apparently you caught the ADD syndrome (Another Drive & Dinner). We may have to enter you in one of those 12-step programs!

Mike and Sherry it was nice to see you out for another of our drives!

Thanks for remembering your camera, Huy ! The rest of us didn't....

And for those of you who were patting Marc on the back:
The tunnels...what can I say, except "Marc ...you owned them baby!
Would you just stop it ? You are just going to ENCOURAGE him!

It was nice seeing Sandi (the new Mrs. Nguyen) again and meeting Leeann and Shelby . .. It was also nice finally getting to meet Will (wos) who came over to see us off!

The drive season in winding down quickly as the "weather" returns. Keep in mind that the "impromptu drives" can be put together quickly when it looks like it is going to be nice. Don't be shy - post up your drive and go for it!

Larry

Old 09-24-2007 | 07:04 PM
Community Organizer
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by jimbur,Sep 23 2007, 08:13 AM
I didn't know if driving in a caravan of like vehicles would be fun or Just Odd. Turns out it wasn't fun - it was FUN!
I felt the same way on the first drive I went on.
Just wait till you get in on one of the BIG ones next summer. A caravan of 20 cars is a sight to behold and will give you the biggest grin (next to a VTEC tunnel of course).

Old 09-24-2007 | 08:23 PM

Larry,
I really don't think Marc needs any of us to encourage him, he's doing fine on his own. It was rather funny that I was in the tunnel behind him, shifted down to 2nd, running at over 8000 RPM and I couldn't even hear my car. You were a few cars in front of him and even you said you couldn't hear yours. So do you really think that he needs any of our encouragment? Like Aaron said, there's nothing that puts a bigger grin on our faces than "VTEC tunnel", and I imagine that Marc was grinning from ear to ear.
Old 09-24-2007 | 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by VintageMac,Sep 24 2007, 06:13 PM
What do you do when you are stuck behind slow traffic, Amy ? .. SLOW down so you can GO FAST! ..(Amy learned that one on the Mt. St. Helens drive).
Yes, I learned all my bad habits from all you jokers. I use to be a good girl. Then I found this website and started hanging around you guys, now I can't stop.

Quick Reply: Another D & D for September