Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

2014 Acura NSX The legend returns

Old 11-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Community OrganizerModerator

Received 67 Likes on 55 Posts

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/h...ter-2011-11-10
Old 11-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope they make that car do something cool in the Avengers movie!!

Evan
Old 11-10-2011, 05:12 PM

I'd buy it.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:49 AM

More chatter...World debut coming Jan 2012 at Detroit Auto Show!

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/tok...1-30?imageNo=9

Who else sees similarities to the original photo I posted? Looks more and more like this is moving from myth...to legend.

Original;

Now;
Old 12-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Great post - great news if it happens but I would not hold my breath!

Also for someone to go from a $80k sports car to a $150k sports car is quite a leap....not to say that people can't afford it but once you are in that "realm" you are in a whole different ball game.

Great cars such as the R8 v10, F430, Gallardo, and tons of other nice rides are possible in the $150k price range so Acura better come out with something that will be really special if they want to compete. Also keep in mind most of these limited edition cars usually mean the mfr. loses money so it's strictly a brand recognition thing if they do decide to build one.

I can't remember where I read it but for every LF-A Lexus sells they lose quite a chunk of money.

For me, I would rather keep my NSX than buy one of those. If I really was in the market and had $150k large to spend, it would be an R8 v10 spyder - easy choice for me.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:10 PM

I hope the size isn't too big. Acura has a sign up if you want to get info from the Detroit auto show.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:33 PM

As far as new model introductions go, it was certainly a strange one. The invitation from Acura revealed nothing about which cars would, in fact, be making their debut, although we knew there would be two all-new models."No photography would be allowed at this presentation, no press kits would be distributed and the information shared was to be subject to a strict embargo.

By applying deductive reasoning, I determined that a top-secret style affair could only apply to one car, which had been rumoured to be in the pipeline for at least four years: the next version of the legendary NSX. Of course, there was another car set to be revealed as well, but once the NSX became the star candidate, all other scenarios seemed far less interesting.

“The new Acura sports car will be the point of the spear that is the Acura DNA,” the presentation began, “You will walk out of this room knowing that there’s no question it’s an NSX.” With that, the covers were pulled off a car that was, true to their word, unmistakably a supercar and, without question, an Acura.

One point worth emphasizing: The next NSX is a very wide car, even for a supercar — this fact alone speaks to the very exciting potential of the vehicle from a handling perspective. The gasoline engine will be mid-mounted, giving the NSX the chance at even sharper driving dynamics.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I signed up to watch the press conference. This just might have to be on my five year plan of the next car to buy. If it is good as they say I will be getting one in five or six years if not sooner. Let's hope they dont screw it up. We have our annual meet in Colorado this year in September. We might just have one their for the NSXPO 12.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:19 AM

It's almost time!!

Remember those tortured comments you made, in forums and on Jalopnik, begging Honda to bring back the Acura NSX — the one great holy and pure RWD Japanese sports car? Be careful what you wish for.

This is definitely the Acura NSX and it's definitely powered by a hybrid V6 motor with a pair of electric motors. Not offended enough? There's also a next-gen SH-AWD system powering the car's four wheels. Manual transmission? Nope. Seven-speed dual-clutch automatic.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the HT version that they just unveiled. Wish I had the money to get one, it looks great!

Quick Reply: 2014 Acura NSX The legend returns