Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

2005 Rio for sale

Old 07-20-2006, 11:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2005 Rio for sale

Well, its come down to it... Time for me to once again sell my baby because of financial issues. We all know a house is an investment, where a car is not (well, not a good one at least ), and the only way for me to afford this step is to free up some $. I wish there was some other way around it, but the car costs me more every month than anything else, and makes the most sense...

I am returning to stock for the sale... I need a set of AP2 wheels in excellent condition (tires and all), in exchange for my SSR comps + $$ (how much $$, I am not sure yet... I was thinking around $1000?? Let me know what you guys think...) I have basically brand new BF Goodrich T/A kdw2's which were $720 alone.

Here is a shot of the wheels-

And this is what the tires look like...

I also have the comptech intake for sale. I have the stock still so a trade is not necessary. $225 for the intake sound fair?

I guess I could also part the front lip? has a few small rock chips from recent drives ( )..... $200.

Parts that I need ---

Stock Head unit (04+), and stock door speakers / tweeters. Let me know if you have some you would be willing to part with

As for the car?? 12,300 miles, PERFECT condition. There are a few small rock chips on the front lip, but other than that, it is pristine. I would sell it for $26,000 in stock form, or $27,000 with the wheels, lip, and intake (let me know what you guys think of this price, if I should adjust it at all...). The car also has a Compustar alarm (2w900fmr, 2 way alarm) with remote start.

btw, I will have an 07' or 08' in 2 years max
Old 07-20-2006, 11:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spapdx,Jul 20 2006, 12:51 PM
As for the car?? I would sell it for $26,500 in stock form, or $28,000 with the wheels and the stereo (let me know what you guys think of this price, if I should adjust it at all...).
You can always ask, but that sounds higher than what I would pay for a used 05.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man that's sad to hear!! Just because Justin did it doesn't mean it's the cool thing to do!! In fact, it isn't!!

Would you be interested in trading for OEM AP1 wheels powdercoated gloss black? I would be interested in your wheels either way, let me know.

I have a stock headunit and speakers but they are off of a year 2000. Let me know if you were be interested in these.

PM jdm_rsx as he was interested in buying a Comptech intake.

Good luck with the sale of your car and the purchase of a new house! Hope you stay on the forum!
Old 07-20-2006, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by kpxguy411,Jul 20 2006, 01:03 PM
Oh man that's sad to hear!! Just because Justin did it doesn't mean it's the cool thing to do!! In fact, it isn't!!

Would you be interested in trading for OEM AP1 wheels powdercoated gloss black? I would be interested in your wheels either way, let me know.

I have a stock headunit and speakers but they are off of a year 2000. Let me know if you were be interested in these.

PM jdm_rsx as he was interested in buying a Comptech intake.

Good luck with the sale of your car and the purchase of a new house! Hope you stay on the forum!
Oh I will for sure! I have plenty of time to sell the car, not going to be real serious about the house thing for a few months, but figured I had better start now

I will let you know on the stereo, but I cant do the ap1's.. I think people would look at it and be like wtf do you have ap1 wheels on the car for?!?! Shoot me an offer on the wheels, I will make you a deal if you are serious

I will shoot jdm_rsx a pm, thanks for the heads up
Old 07-20-2006, 01:59 PM

the suspension geometry of the AP2 gets totally fuxored with AP1 wheels... best motoring says don't do it.

dammit all the s's are going away... blah

but I think you lied in your first post...
"I wish there was some other way around it, but the car costs me more every month than anything else, and makes the most sense..."

We all know the truth about what you spend the most money per month...

Old 07-20-2006, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by mucter,Jul 20 2006, 02:59 PM
the suspension geometry of the AP2 gets totally fuxored with AP1 wheels... best motoring says don't do it.

dammit all the s's are going away... blah

but I think you lied in your first post...
"I wish there was some other way around it, but the car costs me more every month than anything else, and makes the most sense..."

We all know the truth about what you spend the most money per month...

haha... I doubt I spend more than $530/mo on drinking! Anything is possible though...

OT: I went on a cruise to alaska a few years ago. Everything was included except for alcohol. It was 6 days, 5 nights. I was on my own bar tab which ended up being $430 at then end of the trip............................
Old 07-20-2006, 03:06 PM

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=406564

Old 07-20-2006, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by spapdx,Jul 20 2006, 02:30 PM
haha... I doubt I spend more than $530/mo on drinking! Anything is possible though...

OT: I went on a cruise to alaska a few years ago. Everything was included except for alcohol. It was 6 days, 5 nights. I was on my own bar tab which ended up being $430 at then end of the trip............................
I think you just proved my point.... LOL
Old 07-21-2006, 04:43 PM

may not help you but i have a 2002 stock radio i just pulled out of my car you can have for free if you want.

pm or call me at the shop if you want it.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by andydiesel,Jul 21 2006, 05:43 PM
may not help you but i have a 2002 stock radio i just pulled out of my car you can have for free if you want.

pm or call me at the shop if you want it.
Yea ... well ... MINE's FREE + I'll GIVE you $5. Now what?!?!

Quick Reply: 2005 Rio for sale