Oklahoma S2000 Owners Oklahoma S2000 Community

wheel fitmet

Old 05-18-2011 | 09:20 PM

Default wheel fitmet

I found some wheels I like for my s2k, but I suck with offsets haha and was wondering what people thought. I'm running stock springs and struts. Anyway, the wheels are 17x8 & 17x9 5x114 with offset of +43. opinions are needed!
Old 05-18-2011 | 09:21 PM

imo itll look like how the stock wheels sat.
Old 05-19-2011 | 09:25 AM

Well, I looked in your profile to see what year s2k you had. It says '00. So, based off of that your wheels are:

AP1:
Front:
16" x 6.5", +55 offset, 205/55VR16 tire
Rear:
16" x 7.5", +65 offset, 225/50VR16 tire

I used this to help create my correct response:
http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

FRONT:
The wheels will now be further out by 22mm or almost an inch. So it will be closer to the outer fender than it is now by that 22mm. If you run a 225/45/17, the tire will be .3in taller than the 205/55/16. You may need a roll, but I think camber will negate that.
REAR:
The wheels will now be further out by 37mm or 1.5in. So it will be closer to the outer fender by the 37mm than what it is now. I set up a 255/40/17 for this because that is a standard 9in wheel size tire. I know for a fact you will need to run about 3-4 degrees of camber in the rear or roll your fenders because I have close to the same specs for my rear wheels and I rub A LOT and I have 3 degrees of camber. So does a few of my other friends that have these lower offsets.

I say go for it man, it'll look really good and you'll be happy with it. If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask me.
Old 05-19-2011 | 09:36 AM
Administrator
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by AFs2k
I know for a fact you will need to run about 3-4 degrees of camber in the rear or roll your fenders because I have close to the same specs for my rear wheels and I rub A LOT and I have 3 degrees of camber. So does a few of my other friends that have these lower offsets.
At stock ride height though? I run 255/40/17 size tires on 9" wide rear wheels with +56 offset, stock ride height and stock alignment setup. They stick out of the wheel well ever so slightly and I haven't had rubbing issues yet (but then again, I supposedly drive like a ). Lowered would be a whole different ballgame though.

Not the best angle, but here's what mine looks like:

Personally, I think +43 might be a little too aggressive, but it depends on your personal taste and what your plans are.

Also, I've been thinking about possibly stepping up to a 265 width tire. The 255s are actually just a little bit stretched.
Old 05-19-2011 | 09:52 AM

Man... I'm an idiot... I should have read more. On stock height you won't have to worry about a thing. I'm under the assumption that no one runs stock height anymore. To me that's the first and formost mod that should be done! DROP and wheels.
Old 05-19-2011 | 10:17 AM

Julie needs to slam her S
Old 05-19-2011 | 10:19 AM

I have a 17x9 +54 rear wheel and i think its perfect fitment with my coilovers. I had some 17x9 +40 ssrs and they were way too aggressive
Old 05-19-2011 | 10:36 AM

Why drop it? The suspension is actually spec'd very well from Honda (aside from the alignment).

I'm sure a .5-1" drop might have slight performance benefits, but really lowering is mostly an aesthetic mod.
Old 05-19-2011 | 10:42 AM

To be brutally honest. On stock suspension, the car looks like a mini truck. It sits up so damn high it doesn't look like I performance car from that aspect.

I'm not saying lowering it will offer any performance gains in the handling department, but it'll look a lot better doing what it does best.

Dropping the car adds a lot more style and just an over all look to the car that the stock height completly negates.
Old 05-19-2011 | 11:52 AM
Administrator
20 Year Member

Don't get me wrong, yeah I agree that the lifted 4x4 look sucks (especially after seeing all y'alls' lowered cars, plus both of Enrique's cars are lowered), but sometimes one has to take into consideration the consequences and weigh the sacrifices.

To me, it's not worth the hassle of worrying about scraping everyday in my driveway, whether or not I'll be able to get onto a shop's lift, excessive tire wear due to crazy camber settings, modifying the fenders, cutting and relocating tabs, etc. Then there's the fact that the roads around here are less than perfect and there are a lot of inconsiderate litter bugs out there who throw pop cans and sh!t out the window. I just wanna drive it, worry-free. If others don't like the way it looks, I can respectfully accept that. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

However, with that said, if someone makes a suspension setup that only lowers the car 0.5" to 1.0" with just the right spring rates, isn't too soft or too stiff and doesn't require adjusting, I might strongly consider it.

lol we kinda got a little off-topic here... but Jacob, if you decide to go with those wheels, these are some things to consider if you ever opt to lower it.

Quick Reply: wheel fitmet